Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 08:07 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,595,603 times

Advertisements

I’m unsure if the OP was referring strictly to U.S. passports, or any passport.
I have a valid U.K. passport, issued in 2012, the only U.S. stamps in it, are an entry stamp in Tampa FL in 2014, and another entry in 2015 at Atlanta GA, one in NYC, and one in D.C., both in 2016, plus an entry and exit stamp from South Africa in 2013.
I have an expired passport, that contains my multiple entry U.S. visa, the visa expires in September this year.
In this passport, I have an expired entry visa for South Africa, and another for Australia, I have Australian entry and exit stamps, South African, many U.S. entry stamps, and a Canadian stamp, and a Turkish entry/exit.
Prior to U.K. entering the E.U., if you were driving across Europe, you’d be stopped and stamped at every border, e.g., as a trucker in the mid seventies, taking goods from U.K. to Warsaw, Poland, I’d get an entry stamp at Zeebrugge, Belgium, after driving off the ferry, another when I entered Holland, again at West Germany, super complications and grilling at the East German border to get another, plus a transit visa, meaning you must leave East Germany driving the same vehicle, with the same plate, that you entered with, then another stamp, with a lot less hassle, at Frankfurt-an-der Oder, to enter Poland, couple of days later, I’d get it all again going home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 06:49 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,918,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Bosnia and Herzegovina. They don't even scan the passport entering via land from Croatia.
Lots of EU countries don't check passports when crossing borders by land. I just took a day trip from Switzerland to Germany and back, forgot to bring my passport, and nobody ever asked for it.

If you want the stamp, ask for it. No one has ever said no to me when I've done that.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:02 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I always request the old passport to be sent back to me. They make few small holes in it, and send back with the new passport
They don't do that any more. I just got my new passport, and my old passport was returned a few days later. I fully expected it to be punched by holes but it was pristine.

I think that the new (chipped) e-passports have rendered all old passports obsolete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel