Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2018, 11:25 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times

Advertisements

In looking for possible vacation rentals for next summer, I am noticing that many places list only nightly rates. In your experience, what would the usual discount be, if any, for a month-long stay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 02:24 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,711 posts, read 58,042,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
In looking for possible vacation rentals for next summer, I am noticing that many places list only nightly rates. In your experience, what would the usual discount be, if any, for a month-long stay?
If you can go 'off-season / shoulder season' you can get $300 - $800 / month places (We did Feb - May) on an Island in Canada. We had sailboats / kayaks, Boston Whalers at our disposal. We bartered some 'fix-up' tasks for room and board at a Camp that was closed for the winter. We do the same in Estes Park (free mtn cabin). (most of the yr EXCEPT July and first 2 weeks in August) Then we stay (free) with staff friends.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Tele...w=1274&bih=702

For more 'conventional' places (i.e. expensive) Check Homeaway and VRBO.

Frequently we use 'guest' / MIL / bunkhouse cabins / apartment in shop at rural residences. (through our many Guesthome directories). for summer I try to do a working ranch / farm and help with projects / harvest. Free room and board and fuel. (and fun)

We did a summer in AK at a GREAT private cabin on Prince of Wales Island... ~ $600/ month. Free use of boats, crab traps, fishing gear, coolers...https://www.google.com/search?q=coff...CsA7YQ_AUIDygC

Can also book USFS cabins and fire lookout stations around USA.

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 10-03-2018 at 02:33 PM..

Old 10-03-2018, 06:23 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,058,713 times
Generally if you put in your dates on a site like VRBO it will show if there is a weekly or monthly discount. If you really like the place and don't see a discount then I would email the owner/manager and ask for a discount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel