Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 06:43 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,499,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
A 3 yr old daughter and a 3 month old boy will derive no pleasure out of this plan to extensively travel..
You don't know that. Check out the YouTube family that I posted above. Their oldest was 2 years old when the family embarked on their journeys. The middle child wasn't even a year old. The baby was conceived abroad and has traveled his entire life. They are as happy as can be!

I think it's an incredible gift to give these children. These kids have seen and experienced more in 4 years than most anyone will experience in their entire lifetime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 07:16 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
You don't know that. Check out the YouTube family that I posted above. Their oldest was 2 years old when the family embarked on their journeys. The middle child wasn't even a year old. The baby was conceived abroad and has traveled his entire life. They are as happy as can be!
BS!
IMO, It’s all fake, shallow and show off in front of the camera.

Quote:
I think it's an incredible gift to give these children. These kids have seen and experienced more in 4 years than most anyone will experience in their entire lifetime.
More opinionated crap.
Small kids have no value for travel.
Sight seeing is not their thing.

There is a proper time for many things. Travel and sight seeing is one of them.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
BS!
IMO, It’s all fake, shallow and show off in front of the camera.
Children don't fake happiness.

It's not just about sightseeing. It's about being exposed to different ways of life and cultures.

But you're going to believe what you want to believe. I'm not going continue to try and change your mind. Have a nice day.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:48 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
For the children it is best when the parents move around when they are young and in elementary school. Once a child becomes a teenager they want to hang out with friends that they already know as it is much more difficult to be the new kid once one's hits high school.
or... you can totally avoid the 'peer-nightmare' of Jr and Sr High school. Fortunately, not all of the world has these age segregated 'teen' barriers. Travel and different cultures can keep teens adequately engaged and they will find plenty of friends of various ages. Likely to find 'quality' relationships, more valuable to their maturity than peer age friends. ( herd mentality)

Kids are very resilient, but I will suggest it is much easier on the caregivers when kids are old enough to dress and tend to themselves, and carry their gear.

This type of trip can be done in phases, and nomadic (moving daily) may come later.
Many regions would be affordable for a FT caregiver / housekeeper to help with the young kids, and actually avail more freedom.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:07 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,373,212 times
This is very selfish. Clearly you guys are only thinking of yourselves and not what is best for your children. Children deserve stability, a home, toys, yard to run around in, friends etc etc … as well as a previous poster stated, they need a lot of rest. What would you be doing for schooling?

I don't think this type of environment is healthy for growing children.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:52 AM

24,558 posts, read 18,244,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
This is very selfish. Clearly you guys are only thinking of yourselves and not what is best for your children. Children deserve stability, a home, toys, yard to run around in, friends etc etc … as well as a previous poster stated, they need a lot of rest. What would you be doing for schooling?

I don't think this type of environment is healthy for growing children.

Meh. I have friends who spent a bunch of years living on their 71 foot ketch with their two daughters. They earned a good living from their naturalist-oriented charter business and sailed all over the world. He used to be a university prof and they home schooled for quite a few years.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Meh. I have friends who spent a bunch of years living on their 71 foot ketch with their two daughters. They earned a good living from their naturalist-oriented charter business and sailed all over the world. He used to be a university prof and they home schooled for quite a few years.
Still selfish. This family needs to put the kids first before themselves. I love traveling too and I don't have kids for that reason, b/c it wouldn't be fair for them to bring them up with that kind of life.

Old 04-08-2019, 12:08 PM

70 posts, read 47,096 times
Take care and have fun.

Old 04-08-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post

They don't appreciate or understand travel @ that age so no it's not an incredible gift.

Old 04-08-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
They don't appreciate or understand travel @ that age so no it's not an incredible gift.
Obviously I disagree. But there's no point in debating it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel