Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 03:14 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,720,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartman1 View Post
Israel is a major tourist destination even with the conflict between Israel and Palestine.
Nearly everything seen in the news is in the far southwest not near anything. Go directly east of it to Eilat and w/o a radio no one knows anything is happening there. The news media makes it sound like it's the whole country when in realty it's not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 03:19 PM

I'd like to go to Iran and I've been to India, but I have no wish to enter anything between the two ever. And I've been working in numerous countries in the Middle East, so I know the lay of the land.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:31 PM

46 posts, read 26,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Nearly everything seen in the news is in the far southwest not near anything. Go directly east of it to Eilat and w/o a radio no one knows anything is happening there. The news media makes it sound like it's the whole country when in realty it's not.
Same with Pakistan and the problems seen in the news there occur in the northwest near Afghanistan and not the whole country. Pakistan is also a lot bigger than Israel.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Same with Pakistan and the problems seen in the news there occur in the northwest near Afghanistan and not the whole country. Pakistan is also a lot bigger than Israel.
I know fellow contractors that have worked in Afghanistan & Pakistan, and it's a definite "no" for both of them.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:17 PM

88,489 posts, read 84,635,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
That's because the people with the big guns in Israel are our "friends."

That term would be a bit more sketchy in regards to Pakistan.
Well...give it time. We're there.

I work for Pakistanis, and one day we took an Uber back to the office from a meeting. The Uber driver was also Pakistani, and he struck up a conversation with my bosses.

The elections for PM were going on in Pakistan and they were talking about it. One of the employers took the time to explain to me that there was a conflict going on because one of the people running for PM was a famous cricket player. He had little political experience, but he still had a good following because he was a very popular cricket player.

But, as the Uber pulled up to the office, the driver said, "Well in the end, the person who becomes the next Prime Minister of Pakistan will be whoever the United States wants to be the Prime Minister of Pakistan."

That said something.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:05 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,031,598 times
Quote:
Do you think that Pakistan will become a big tourist destination in the next few years along the lines of India, Nepal, the Maldives, and the United Arab Emirates as the security situation in Pakistan has improved and a loosening of visa requirements is taking place.
//www.city-data.com/forum/asia/...0-coolest.html

You should go through this thread

Old 05-21-2019, 10:43 PM

417 posts, read 444,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Israel isn't quite the same. We are allies with them, they don't oppress their people.

The Palestinians are not oppressed? This is news to me. To answer the question, no, I will not be planning a trip to Pakistan. The closest I have been to there is Nepal, a wonderful country.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:39 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,360,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone77 View Post
The Palestinians are not oppressed? This is news to me. To answer the question, no, I will not be planning a trip to Pakistan. The closest I have been to there is Nepal, a wonderful country.
They are but I was referring to Israelis.

Old 05-22-2019, 03:06 PM

5,242 posts, read 3,601,795 times
Pakistan is one of the few countries that I've never had the slightest interest in going to & I think I've been to about 30 at this point now. And people who have been there to work said it would never occur to them to go back unless work demanded it again. even Saudi Arabia shines in comparison next to Pakistan.

And they have nukes too!

Old 05-22-2019, 03:54 PM

3,240 posts, read 6,292,313 times
I think I would enjoy a trip to Pakistan more than most other countries. It looks like they have great food.

https://migrationology.com/pakistani...-food-karachi/

It sounds like a potentially fascinating adventure. I would definitely prefer a trip to Pakistan over expensive,crowded Paris.

https://www.thebrokebackpacker.com/travel-to-pakistan/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel