Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 06:41 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I can just imagine the Amazon review of the scent trapping bag. “One star. Would give zero stars if I could. Didn’t work. Wound up in a Chilean prison. Sorry this review is a few years late.”
"What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?"

Preparation H
HOW TO DO TIME: What to Expect and How to Survive When Going to Prison
Flip flops - size 10
Foam Earplugs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2019, 05:27 PM

332 posts, read 286,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I would bet there is little personal experience stories for 2 reasons.

1) Not many people are stupid enough to take illegal drugs into a foreign country.
2) Those dumb enough don't have internet access at the moment.
Inference is people who take illegal drugs into a foreign country are stupid. It wouldn't be necessary if it weren't for anxiety, not helped by, more troublesome, anti-anxiety meds

Old 10-21-2019, 05:28 PM

We're taking it seriously, that's why I posted the question for help

Old 10-21-2019, 07:21 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiemur View Post
We're taking it seriously, that's why I posted the question for help
And the consensus opinion is that it would not be a good idea to take cannabis into a foreign country. Your friend may very well be able to avoid detection, but he could be in a very bad way if he were caught. In all seriousness, I would recommend that he find a legal substitute for his anxiety medication, or else don't make the trip.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:57 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,484,437 times
Quote:
Inference is people who take illegal drugs into a foreign country are stupid. It wouldn't be necessary if it weren't for anxiety, not helped by, more troublesome, anti-anxiety meds
No, I would say people who ignore the laws of the foreign countries they travel to are stupid.

If your "friend" decides to go ahead with this plan and winds up in trouble, I hope he doesn't expect the US government to come to his rescue.

Old 10-22-2019, 08:44 AM

5,249 posts, read 3,604,666 times
If a substance is illegal in another country you would be wise to not import it in personally. Several SE Asian countries consider this to be a capital offense & you would enter a world of hurt, never mind about anxiety. As mentioned your Constitutional Rights cease once you leave our borders. Respect the laws of the places you visit or don't visit them.

Don't assume their customs/immigration/police are ignorant of current trends abroad concerning cannabis.... & don't assume they are all ethical & wouldn't hold you somewhere until you came up with a large "contribution" for their retirement before release or then they "discover" a packet of cocaine in your suitcase to ratchet matters up.

Old 10-22-2019, 09:55 AM

Thank you again for your input, it's very much appreciated.

Old 10-22-2019, 02:46 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
For anxiety and sleep I would get a prescription for Xanax.

You've got everyone telling you to tell your friend not to do this and one person said we are all losers.

I was going through customs about six months ago in Costa Rica and the couple in front of me had rolling papers.

Customs immediately starting tearing apart all of their luggage looking for weed.

Old 10-22-2019, 08:54 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
For anxiety and sleep I would get a prescription for Xanax.

You've got everyone telling you to tell your friend not to do this and one person said we are all losers.

I was going through customs about six months ago in Costa Rica and the couple in front of me had rolling papers.

Customs immediately starting tearing apart all of their luggage looking for weed.
First, I don't believe I said that. I did say this is an incredible naive discussion.

Secondly, was this an apples to apples comparison for you logically? Just curious.

Old 10-25-2019, 04:09 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,304,441 times
Quote:
My friend is going to Santiago, Chile and Buenos Aries, Argentina in a few weeks. Hiking in Pategonia. He wants to travel with gummies, is this possible to do in a safe manor? He has a scent trapping bag he got on Amazon.

Nothing safe about this...watch a few clips of Nat Geo Colombia airport security and if this doesn't convince him, I don't know what will. Same goes for most of the South American Countries, as well as SEA.These folks don't play.

I'm going to Colombia this month and i'm hesitant to bring anything such as Aleve or asprin in my kit. If I need it, i will just get it there and discard what I don't use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel