Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2019, 11:34 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,194,133 times

Advertisements

Perhaps the OP has also found out that internet service can be flaky in Guatemala.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2019, 12:57 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,898,092 times
I just dinged a place...... gave it a three-star review instead of five. Based only on noise. Then again, they DID put us directly above the big lounge/bar........with karaoke and yelling BLASTING into our room until 12:30......knowing full well that we had young children...............So they're lucky I didn't give it even fewer stars. (And the noise was my only real complaint).

Old 04-05-2020, 04:38 PM

4,636 posts, read 13,908,487 times
Entire unique atmosphere must have tons of redemption in other areas. Although, final matter is still revolving
around if I have enough peace and quiet. Night, even Morning, Afternoon, And Evening. Unfortunately, Hostels are a
solid giveaway to avoid.

Going to higher floors is significantly reducing the noise from my own experience in almost any situation. The same
hotel building structure might have dramatic variation judging to exact room on accommodation. Always carefully
watch your own immediate surroundings. Enter back of a foundation away from a busy street rather than front is
another relevant warning.

Mastering figuring out the right Hotel unit is using tons of association to this sign.

First one in mind way before any other specific offerings of these formal institutions. Please give me relative
soundproofing!

Old 04-05-2020, 05:02 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,088,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I can't stand this kind of nonsense. Guatemala is a truly wonderful country with fantastic people and there are really nice towns and cities you can visit and have a very quaint, even upscale experience. Are people only allowed to travel to Venice, Paris, or the U.S. in order to get your approval?

I'd say more but I'd be levied some sort of punishment.

Old 04-05-2020, 11:03 PM

3,810 posts, read 4,685,928 times
I would make a comment about the noise in that situation because it seems like that is going to happen often. If I heard loud noise during "quiet hours" next to my room I would reach out to the front desk. Depending on if the issue stopped or not would be if I mentioned it.

Hot water is a big deal too. One great thing about having a hotel room is you can take nice hot showers without worrying about bringing up your utility bill. I know that depending on the hour of your shower you might not have as much hot water if many others are taking showers too. Obviously this would depending on the type of hotel & how up to par they are with that type of stuff. If I knew I was taking a shower when nobody else probably was it would be concerning. If I was taking a shower at 9 am and knew many more were probably taking a shower I might not make a big deal out of it.

Old 04-17-2020, 03:10 PM

4,636 posts, read 13,908,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I would make a comment about the noise in that situation because it seems like that is going to happen often. If I heard loud noise during "quiet hours" next to my room I would reach out to the front desk. Depending on if the issue stopped or not would be if I mentioned it.

Hot water is a big deal too. One great thing about having a hotel room is you can take nice hot showers without worrying about bringing up your utility bill. I know that depending on the hour of your shower you might not have as much hot water if many others are taking showers too. Obviously this would depending on the type of hotel & how up to par they are with that type of stuff. If I knew I was taking a shower when nobody else probably was it would be concerning. If I was taking a shower at 9 am and knew many more were probably taking a shower I might not make a big deal out of it.
Occasionally, worst noise happens in middle of night around 2am to 5am. Ugh, what torture to get through if I really have to wake up that early. What a dream to sleep in late morning, afternoon, evening hours. Strange when the best quiet calm serene tranquil rejuvenation is when least expected. Like 1pm to 7pm. How much are going to take advantage of another sleeping rhythm wavelength? Unfortunately, quite few.

Why are ears not soundproof? Something I have to get through especially after 2 to 3 days of no sleep. Please give extra hours at the most rational sane hotels when during emergency. I go through temporary anxiety, and then I get what I want after absolutely every one of my careful Hotel accommodation researching.

Lots of space in rooms is very important. To significantly reduce worries or panic on hearing stimuli. And I don't need a Swimming pool after a certain point. Or a nightlife venue just 5 floors away. Only once in Fes Morocco and partying not going away until early morning hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel