Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 09:27 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,648,206 times

Advertisements

I hope a law is passed to ban this. This is a way to spread the virus. People are too afraid to cancel and keep on traveling and keep on spreading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2020, 09:42 PM

3,796 posts, read 4,638,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I hope a law is passed to ban this. This is a way to spread the virus. People are too afraid to cancel and keep on traveling and keep on spreading.
It seems like a no brainer & so easy to get done but politicians get paid off by companies like this.

Old 03-09-2020, 10:50 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,941,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rational1 View Post
If you are particularly paranoid you might have an opportunity to get a refund for your tickets.

(Not sure...but probably Amex does not allow you to get a refund for any reason).

Personally I would wait and see- unless there is a limited time period for a full refund.
Im not paranoid. We are in contact with her family out there and they said everything is fine. The hospitals out there do suck though. Ive been to one before... I think we are going to push forward and hoping with the warmer weather, theres a possiblity of this crap dying down .

Old 03-10-2020, 02:00 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,727,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post

I think they have 1 case at the moment..... ?
As others have said, wait and see. In any event it is probably not Lithuania you have to worry about but all the airports and flights. Catching the virus is a numbers game - the more people you are near, the more likely you are to catch it and going through an airport like Heathrow puts you in close proximity with tens of thousands of people.

But here is a factoid to consider: In Hubei province, the hardest hit province in China, one out of a thousand people caught it. So it is not like everyone around you has it anyway.

If you go, wash your hands a lot, like every 30 minutes in the airport and after being in public places.

Old 03-10-2020, 02:04 AM

61,020 posts, read 85,838,736 times
I too have already booked a trip overseas for May, but I am going just to wait and see....

Old 03-10-2020, 03:39 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,694,426 times
In 2003, SARS ended in late June. Being very optimistic, I would expect the same.

Old 03-10-2020, 07:23 AM

41,940 posts, read 36,696,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I too have already booked a trip overseas for May, but I am going just to wait and see....

Same. They're going to need to cancel the flights to prevent me from going. A life lived scared isn't worth living.

Old 03-10-2020, 08:11 AM

16,338 posts, read 12,287,388 times
I'd like to say that the only thing that will stop me from going to Europe in May is flight cancellations. But currently my employer has a policy that if anyone travels to certain countries for any reason (business or personal), they have to self-quarantine for two weeks. So far none of the countries I'm visiting are on that list, but I realize it could change between now and then. The idea of self-quarantining for two weeks is not appealing to me, especially since I live alone. So I have to play it by ear.

Old 03-10-2020, 08:58 AM

151 posts, read 87,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Same. They're going to need to cancel the flights to prevent me from going. A life lived scared isn't worth living.
This, 1000 times this! We are planning to go to Romania in April. Unless they close the boarders and cancel the flights, I will be there as scheduled!

Old 03-10-2020, 08:58 AM

41,940 posts, read 36,696,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I'd like to say that the only thing that will stop me from going to Europe in May is flight cancellations. But currently my employer has a policy that if anyone travels to certain countries for any reason (business or personal), they have to self-quarantine for two weeks. So far none of the countries I'm visiting are on that list, but I realize it could change between now and then. The idea of self-quarantining for two weeks is not appealing to me, especially since I live alone. So I have to play it by ear.

I wonder with these self quarantines is the use of sick time allowable under them. I suspect that will vary from org to org, but if I can burn a couple of weeks of sick time and work on stuff at home, I'd be psyched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel