Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:52 PM

16,549 posts, read 17,315,227 times

Advertisements

As was said earlier, see what deals there are in Mexico.

There's a thread on Cabo where people seem to find it great.

I guess this is where they mean-

http://www.cabovillas.com/images/FlashMap_static1.gif
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 08:02 PM

179 posts, read 545,973 times
If you're looking for cheap, go with Mexico (Cabo San Lucas is a good bet), or one of the Caribbean Islands. Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands are good choices, as you don't need a passport. The Dominican Republic is another great option for deals. Avoid the British Virgin Islands, St. Martin/St. Maarten, and the Netherlands Antilles because they are more expensive.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:21 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,000,613 times
Mexico is cheap. Go NOW!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 03:42 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,818,009 times
Regent Cruise Line has some absolutely AMAZING deals on cruises if you book by the end of May. They are very romantic and there aren't many kids onboard. They ahve a no tipping policy, and shore excursions are included on most of this years sailings, plus they are offering discounts and free air!

Old 05-16-2009, 01:06 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,583,932 times
If the airport you are near is an international hub, then go to Greece. If its not then head to the Bahamas. Just remember that a passport is now required to leave and enter the US. If you don't have one, get one and also request the passport card too.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:08 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,818,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
If the airport you are near is an international hub, then go to Greece. If its not then head to the Bahamas. Just remember that a passport is now required to leave and enter the US. If you don't have one, get one and also request the passport card too.
To the original poster, if you don't have passports and don't want to go through the expense of obtaining them, consider visiting beautiful St. Thomas, VI. As a US territory, no passport is needed for entry by US citizens. Your birth certificate and license or other government issued photo ID are fine.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:27 AM

269 posts, read 1,066,857 times
I recently stopped in a developing Mexican beach resort called Huatulco. This is the cleanest place in the entire country, with modern sewer and water and beautiful clean beaches. It's also convenient to a couple of very interesting spots in the mountains such as Taxco and Oaxaca.

If I were a beach bunny looking for a nice beach on a budget, that would be my first choice.

Hawaii is unbelievably beautiful if you can afford it. I would second the vote for Kauai.

I've cruised a lot. I personally would stay home in preference to a Caribbean cruise, but obviously a lot of people like them. The reason I don't like them is that (other than some very expensive lines with smaller ships) you get dumped right into the heart of a toxic tourist trap on every island you visit.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:26 AM

44,544 posts, read 61,229,694 times
Stacylee is correct, a cruise would be your best value, and if you go where there are hurricanes predicted the ship diverts to other ports of interest out of harms way. You always get your money's worth on a cruise.
Hawaii is also great for a cruise, or to just fly there and spend a week or two. Hawaii weather is good all year around.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:39 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,959,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CChelle View Post
My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in August. We love the beach but have never been outside of the lower 48. Would appreciate suggestions on where to go. Can't afford to do "top of the line" luxury but would like nice accomodations. Thanks for your help.
For our 25th anniversary, we flew to San Francisco, stayed a few days and then we started traveling down the coast (PCH) with stops along the way. Our final destination was Laguna Beach for 5 days.

For our 30th anniversary, we went to Hawaii and did 3 islands. I have to say, we fell in love with Hawaii so much, we go there regularly now.

I have done cruises and have seen just about every island in the Caribbean. I'm not a huge lover of cruises, too many people on those ships nowadays.

Right now, Mexico seems to have the best prices. Do an all-inclusive, you will love it.

Happy Anniversary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel