Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 08:28 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times

Advertisements

According to the news this evening, JetBlue said “all passengers boarding the plane must be wearing a mask. If they remove it and avoid wearing it in flight, they would be denied future flights on their airlines”.

I would guess that other airlines will follow somewhat the same policy in time. All of the airlines want to get people flying again and that means “they” have to feel safe while in the airplane. A larger percentage of people seem to favor health and their safety and want to see others use the mask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2020, 06:40 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
According to the news this evening, JetBlue said “all passengers boarding the plane must be wearing a mask. If they remove it and avoid wearing it in flight, they would be denied future flights on their airlines”.

I would guess that other airlines will follow somewhat the same policy in time. All of the airlines want to get people flying again and that means “they” have to feel safe while in the airplane. A larger percentage of people seem to favor health and their safety and want to see others use the mask.
My only concern with that statement is people need to eat and drink on a plane especially a 4 hour one. They aren't serving food/beverages on planes so what do they expect people to do?

So I'm assuming they'll be ok with you removing it to do those activities?

Old 06-02-2020, 03:51 PM

656 posts, read 812,831 times
No mask, because I like to be lectured by morons half my age.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:04 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
EZ,

No Mask, no go (any public transit or public place).

Very simple.

People will get the idea

And we will all be the better for it (especially the economy and travel industry).

Covid is here / everywhere in USA (tho it did not have to be)
(3) regions and it could have been stopped in January 2020.

Masks would have been an important and necessary component of that formulae.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:02 PM

2,290 posts, read 1,511,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
EZ,

Very simple.

People will get the idea

And we will all be the better for it (especially the economy and travel industry).

If you had stopped it in January you would not have needed masks. We have been recommended not to wear masks as the advice is social distancing and hand washing is more important when the numbers are low. We have not had a locally transmitted case in NSW now for a week. All cases are from returning overseas travellers in mandatory detention in hotels.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:15 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
If you had stopped it in January you would not have needed masks. We have been recommended not to wear masks as the advice is social distancing and hand washing is more important when the numbers are low. We have not had a locally transmitted case in NSW now for a week. All cases are from returning overseas travellers in mandatory detention in hotels.
Australia is NOT the USA. (behaviors and value set)

Our number WERE low 2 weeks ago...
We (USA location) have had 500% increase in community spread in the past 2 weeks. (26C - 32C = 'summer weather' when USA thought the spread would subside)

Smart we are!

Old 06-03-2020, 11:00 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
EZ,

Very simple.

People will get the idea

Well said. You and I rarely see eye to eye, StealthRabbit, but on this, we 100% agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post
No mask, because I like to be lectured by morons half my age.
If you're seriously saying you won't wear a mask, I think we can seriously wonder who the morons are. . .

Old 06-03-2020, 03:40 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,567,076 times
It's required to have a mask to get on a public bus or enter a store here.

Technically it's required anywhere outside but not enforced much.

Old 06-03-2020, 03:48 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
Some pinche guey was standing outside my bank sneezing with no mask on laughing when people flinched. Hoping he gets his eventually.

You can't get any more low class than people like him.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:30 PM

161 posts, read 83,021 times
No I would not wear a mask and I don't wear one when I go grocery shopping either. We don't have any family here in Texas so we don't fear anyone getting sick. We are young and healthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel