Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 06:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,838 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,
[FONT=&quot]I am newly married and willing to go London for honeymoon, so I am looking for a luxury hotel in London. Can anyone recommend me any good hotel where i can feel like heaven? Any of your recommendations are welcome[/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 06:35 AM

605 posts, read 2,380,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni31 View Post
Hi everybody,
I am newly married and willing to go London for honeymoon, so I am looking for a luxury hotel in London. Can anyone recommend me any good hotel where i can feel like heaven? Any of your recommendations are welcome
I'm confused - do you want luxury or cheap? Because if you're after cheap luxury then forget it - this is London we're talking about!

Anyway, tripadvisor is your friend.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:36 AM

605 posts, read 2,380,781 times
Oh, and congratulations.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:43 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,470,946 times
Luxury hotels in London: The Ritz, The Dorchester, The Connaught, Browns, Le Meridien, The Savoy, The Churchill, The Athenaeum, The Hempel, Hilton on Park Lane, Jurys - to mention just a few. It all depends on what part of the city you want to be near: the central park around Piccadilly where the shopping and theatres are or near Docklands by the river?

You might want to check out London Hotel Doorman - Central London Hotels, Cheap, Budget, Discount London Hotels, UK for more listings.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:02 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
"Cheap" and "London" don't belong in the same sentence. It's one of the most expensive cities in the world.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:08 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
London is *very* expensive.
I stayed here about 10 years ago:
Avalon Hotel
It was an adequate room with friendly staff in an excellent part of town, Bloomsbury.
About 5 years ago I stayed here:
Ashley Hotel It was in Paddington, not quite as quiet but very convenient.
These were not luxury hotels!

Old 05-03-2008, 05:51 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,246,919 times
I am also confused by the cheap/luxury combo. If you want cheap, you can always try priceline for the UK. That's how I booked my hotel and ended up with a REALLY nice one for 50 pounds. Just know that you are bidding in pounds not dollars!

And, yes, London is VERY expensive. Basically double the price for everything. I went to McDonalds to eat because I had so little money and it ended up being about $16 USD!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 09:57 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
I hate really big impersonal hotels and prefer the smaller luxury ones. These websites are quite good for it.

If you are on your honeymoon I would recommend you also try to spend a few days in the Cotswolds region , on the edge of Oxford ( hire a car) , the most romantic place in England and full of fabulous hotels. It is a region of delightful pretty honeyed stone little market towns and villages, historical homes and there are some wonderful places to eat and visit. Not to be missed.

Bath and the area is also wonderful for a romantic break.

http://www.slh.com/hotelfinder/count...don/page0.html
Boutique Hotels London (http://www.greatsmallhotels.com/gsh/eng/pais.jsp?home=home&iso=lon - broken link)
Welcome to the Manor House Hotel, Castle Combe - Exclusive Hotels
Luxury Hotels In Bath : Royal Crescent Luxury Hotel Spa
Luxury Hotels Cotswolds Country House Hotel Gloucestershire
Lords of the Manor Country House Hotel - Luxury accommodation in Cotswolds, Conference facilities in Cotswolds, Wedding Facilities in Cotswolds
Oxfordshire Cotswolds Hotels - Burford House Hotel for hotel accommodation in the Cotswolds, Oxfordshire | welcome
Cotswold Inns & Hotels | The Bay Tree Hotel - Celebrations - Weddings - Introduction (broken link)
Old Parsonage Hotel : Luxury Hotel in Oxford

I'm afraid though that London is very expensive and luxury always come at a price.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:30 PM

45 posts, read 145,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni31 View Post
Hi everybody,
I am newly married and willing to go London for honeymoon, so I am looking for a luxury hotel in London. Can anyone recommend me any good hotel where i can feel like heaven? Any of your recommendations are welcome

Thereare two Hilkton Locations in London.

Try the one i Hyde Park.

The Hilton Olympia might not get you the Heaven effect you are looking for.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:08 AM

6 posts, read 22,250 times
Hi newly weed!

Its seems like cost isnt the issue here so have you tried to call some reservation companies and asked them to help you find a nice hotel? Because they have a lot of partners they can call and they will help you find what you want. From experience i know that, that is so much easier, because they know what they are looking for and were to look.

the one that has helped me a lot is a webiste a found when i googled something with studios-london, london studios or flat studios.

Good luck and enjoy your honemoon!

Lucy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel