Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 04:53 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smihaila View Post
I currently live in Colorado, and comparing to where I've lived before (Montreal and close to Toronto), the airfare to Europe, even before the gates of hell's scamdemic / nanobiochip-demic, has been so unaffordable.
Do you really believe in it? I saw that clip, it was laughable.

Gates is just tiny little pawn when it comes to game between power and wealth in the international arena. Gates can't indulge this much havoc.

Matter of fact, Gates and Bezoz and Slim, combined are worth not more than street beggars in front of Rothchilds, for example, and you think Gates can do THIS and walk free?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2020, 12:32 AM

577 posts, read 1,474,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Do you really believe in it? I saw that clip, it was laughable.

Gates is just tiny little pawn when it comes to game between power and wealth in the international arena. Gates can't indulge this much havoc.

Matter of fact, Gates and Bezoz and Slim, combined are worth not more than street beggars in front of Rothchilds, for example, and you think Gates can do THIS and walk free?
Well, gates of hell is just a little cog in the whole globalist occult structure. Indeed, he's only a front, exactly as you noted. The money he's putting in, actually may be somebody else's money, so he's not risking anything financially. And there seems to be protected somehow, because otherwise why isn't he being investigated? (I've signed one of those petitions that gained enough critical mass to be considered by the white house). Or why isn't people hanging him on a lamp post immediately?

Old 05-08-2020, 08:01 AM

144 posts, read 80,915 times
I think that we won't be traveling soon... But I think i will be one of those post-corona pioneers. After all this time inside the house, I think that a tour around some of the best Italian cities will be the best to feel our freedom again. This page is giving me so many travel inspiration, but I think that Italy will be my choice.
Sadly this travel will be done next year, no way to travel this year.

Old 05-08-2020, 02:51 PM

460 posts, read 231,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFuamatuMaafala View Post
Travel to far flung places will be down for a while
After things open back up.

Who are my fellow future pioneers who expect to be amongst the first to fly across the ocean and the first to stay in hostels and move around various countries the minute it is legal to do so?

I’ll be on a trans-Pacific flight as soon as at least a few SE Asia countries open for travel to and Movement between them. Some rely heavily on tourism so I suspect they’ll be ready to accept the first wave. I’ll also make it a priority to find a work stay that I like and can come back to, so if things get locked down again later on I have a known “safe space” to go ride it out. Plan on spending at least 6 months.

Did all my planning and saving then the virus hit. Will be a 6-8 month trip whether it returns or not. Anyone else planning something similar ASAP?
Please keep the thread updated, I'm interested in how it's going to go and what work you'd be able to do.
I've been a US "travel pioneer" so far as I had to continue traveling through the epidemic (without any issues so far and taking heavy precautions). Once the borders open, which should be hopefully soon, as many countries and regions heavily depend on tourists, and already were in economic trouble even before covid-19, I likely would head out to Eastern Europe to take care of some things.

Despite all the manufactured panic and paranoia, if one explores COVID death rates by country per-capita - they've been ridiculously low pretty much anywhere except North America and Western Europe. I'm, personally, BCG-vaccinated and only plan to travel to BCG-vaccine countries (which are most of the world).

I'll re-post here what I posted on another subforum:

US, along with Western Europe, have the highest COVID death rates per-capita: hundreds of times higher than in both impoverished countries and in developed countries such as Australia or New Zealand.
Even in the best cases, the deaths per capita are worse in these wealthiest countries by the dozens of times.
One could say that some governments are lying about their numbers, but this definitely can't be said about all, such as EU members Greece or Poland, or Australia, etc, who aren't likely to skew their numbers. Very clearly, the virus had avoided hitting most of the planet too hard but hit US/Western Europe the worst.

One can sort by "deaths per million" to see the extent of the situation:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

Leading countries, COVID deaths per million:

Belgium 730.08
Spain 553.4
Italy 491.2
United Kingdom 452.35
France 384.92
Netherlands 302.01
Sweden 288.81
Ireland 283.3
United States 224.11
Switzerland 211.94
Canada 117.81
Portugal 105.92

Middle cohort:

Norway 40.64
Moldova 40.33
Hungary 39.21
Dominican Republic 34.06
Puerto Rico 30.98
Serbia 29.07
Israel 26.9
Bosnia and Herzegovina 25.87
Czechia 24.66
Mexico 21.43
Croatia 20.79
Poland 19.3
Lithuania 17.21
Chile 15
Kosovo 14.09
Greece 13.7
Armenia 13.55
Cyprus 12.61
Bulgaria 11.96
Belarus 11.81

And some from the lowest cohort - which includes popular with tourists, high population density, impoverished, wealthy, bordering with China, EU member, etc:

Philippines 6.17
South Korea 4.96
Egypt 4.77
Slovakia 4.59
Japan 4.39
New Zealand 4.3
Australia 3.88
Singapore 3.55
China 3.33
Jamaica 3.07
South Africa 2.65
Pakistan 2.66
Paraguay 1.44
India 1.32
Guatemala 1.22
Costa Rica 1.2

Old 05-08-2020, 04:19 PM

7,702 posts, read 5,446,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike320 View Post
Not per capita. The total doesn’t matter.
The U.S. is not testing its citizens enough, and other countries are well aware of that. We aren't getting tested in the numbers needed to assess our true per capita rate because you-know-who says "it will make America look bad," and he's all about appearances.

The lack of NEEDED testing is the single reason that U.S. citizens appear to have a lower per capita rate of infection, and intelligent people know that is so.

Old 05-09-2020, 11:08 PM

2,290 posts, read 1,511,895 times
The numbers for Australia and New Zealand are genuine. I do not know of anyone who has had the virus here. Yesterday our state of NSW had two infections and our restrictions are being gradually eased. We are quite excited about what we can do from Friday. Our population have been very compliant, which is quite interesting. Here the police have been using common sense and there have only been a handful of fines this past week.

However, the last to be eased will be the borders. Intrastate leisure travel is still not allowed here in NSW. They are still talking about closed international borders all year.

Old 05-10-2020, 11:52 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
The numbers for Australia and New Zealand are genuine. I do not know of anyone who has had the virus here. Yesterday our state of NSW had two infections and our restrictions are being gradually eased. We are quite excited about what we can do from Friday. Our population have been very compliant, which is quite interesting. Here the police have been using common sense and there have only been a handful of fines this past week.

However, the last to be eased will be the borders. Intrastate leisure travel is still not allowed here in NSW. They are still talking about closed international borders all year.
I wish the idiots in my country (USA) would follow your lead. This is pathetic what is going on.

Old 05-11-2020, 08:56 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,732,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Guys, the US is the leader in Coronavirus cases in the world.

It's going to be a long time before any country lets US citizens in.
Yep, that too. I certainly won't want to spend my entire vacation in self quarantine.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:48 AM

3,149 posts, read 2,695,105 times
I'm hoping to evacuate my family to live with relatives in Taiwan if there's enough of a lull before the "second wave" in the fall.

Does that count?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel