Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2009, 07:51 AM

433 posts, read 1,770,297 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking about buying one of these mattresses based on reviews I have read. I have never slept on one and would like any opinions. I know many people stay at the Westin just to sleep in the bed. Is it really that good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 09:51 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,791,780 times
It's a pretty awesome bed if I remember correctly

Old 05-07-2009, 10:08 AM

My husband and I are side sleepers and this mattress is supposed to be great for that. I am wondering if it is worth the $2000.00 it costs.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:58 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,497,852 times
I stayed at a Westin in Chicago once. The heavenly bed was great!

Old 05-07-2009, 11:24 AM

16,394 posts, read 30,296,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilrmkr View Post
I'm thinking about buying one of these mattresses based on reviews I have read. I have never slept on one and would like any opinions. I know many people stay at the Westin just to sleep in the bed. Is it really that good?
The bed is pretty good but like most of these new style beds, it is too soft and does not look as good when it is made.

The worst of the new beds - and every chain now has them - is the Select Comfort beds at the Radissons. Uncomfortable at any speed and no directions as to how to work them.

Personally, I am looking for reasonable prices, clean rooms and hotels that don't "nickle and dime" you to death.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:06 PM

366 posts, read 1,745,323 times
We stay at Westin Crown Center at least once a year for about five nights in K.C. every December, and we stayed last weekend (Friday & Saturday nights) at the Westin Columbus

(See this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/colum...-you-have.html)

Both my wife and I LOVE the mattress. Never been on a more comfortable one, and we have stayed in the last year at a Ritz, Radisson, Hampton Inns and a Sheraton (among quite a few cheap hotels). You will love it. At the hotel they had a price for the mattress & box spring for close to $2,000. The ones at the rooms we have been in are king size. I have to say, they are very soft, not firm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Personally, I am looking for reasonable prices, clean rooms and hotels that don't "nickle and dime" you to death.
Man, no kidding. I was not happy by the time I left the Westin Columbus. They wanted $9.95 per day for internet, and they charged $20 a day for parking. They gave you nothing for your $130 per night plus those extras. I really love Drury Inns, but rarely find one where we're going to be.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:16 PM

16,394 posts, read 30,296,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
Man, no kidding. I was not happy by the time I left the Westin Columbus. They wanted $9.95 per day for internet, and they charged $20 a day for parking. They gave you nothing for your $130 per night plus those extras. I really love Drury Inns, but rarely find one where we're going to be.
You spend primo for certain chains and they charge you for parking, internet, breakfast, $2.00 for a Coke, internet, etc.

You pay $69 for a midrange and you get all of that free.

Wait until you get to some destinations and have to pay a resort fee.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:45 AM

[quote=RickMG;8706010]We stay at Westin Crown Center at least once a year for about five nights in K.C. every December, and we stayed last weekend (Friday & Saturday nights) at the Westin Columbus

(See this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/colum...-you-have.html)

Both my wife and I LOVE the mattress. Never been on a more comfortable one, and we have stayed in the last year at a Ritz, Radisson, Hampton Inns and a Sheraton (among quite a few cheap hotels). You will love it. At the hotel they had a price for the mattress & box spring for close to $2,000. The ones at the rooms we have been in are king size. I have to say, they are very soft, not firm.

Great to know. I haven't found too many reviews that were bad. Many people say don't buy it because it is so great you won't be able to get out of it. We need a king and $2000.00 sounds like a lot but I want something really good. I just don't know if going to a mattress store and lying on a mattress for a few minutes will do it. People just rave about this mattress. We don't want a firm mattress. We are side sleepers and a softer one would be perfect.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:07 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
I slept in one about a month ago at the Westin in Hilton Head.

As I recall it was great. Best sleep I've had in a while. But I don't know if I can attribute it to the mattress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel