Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 08:25 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,039,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
We have train and flight crews that come into the state and stay overnight and then leave again on the next scheduled assignment. I don't know how they work that. They aren't staying for 14 days. We would be neck-deep in pilots and stewardesses and train conductors.
You're not required to stay quarantined for 14 days each time you enter one of these states. The quarantine is for 14 days or the length of your stay, whichever is shorter. So if you plan a 5 day trip to Arizona (or wherever), you would quarantine for 5 days. If you're there overnight, you would quarantine overnight. If you're there 15 days, you quarantine the first 14 days.

And of course there are always exemptions to all those new mandates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 08:49 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,279,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Lots of possible reasons. They have been more strict with masks and enforced them when they went out of lock down. Also AZ and TX may have more people out drinking and partying. New Mexico is a poor state compared to the other two, less disposable income. And perhaps climate. When the weather is too hot to be outside people stay inside. That spreads the virus easier as AC systems might also. All of New Mexico is at a higher elevation and you don't need to be inside in the summer as much in ABQ as you do in Houston or Phoenix.
Very true, although lots of people in AZ & TX are outdoors during the summer, even with the excessive heat. Maybe it's just me, but practically everywhere I've been around Arizona, most everybody is wearing masks inside stores & restaurants where A/C systems are blowing constantly ... not only the Phoenix area, but the rural areas as well. Interestingly enough, the part of New Mexico that has the greatest percentage of confirmed cases is the western part along the AZ border, which is largely tribal land. A large part of Arizona's earlier spike was on the Navajo Nation, so that alone should say something about overall health & living conditions contributing to the higher likelihood of being infected.

Old 07-30-2020, 05:45 AM

43,710 posts, read 44,473,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I'm an airline pilot. We are exempt from quarantine rules.. I am in a different city in any random part of the country (and out of country) an average of 4 nights a week, then back home for a few days. It's actually nice as some areas are more opened up than home (L.A.) is so it keeps me from going nuts like my neighbors and friends are.
Aren't flight crews restricted to their hotel (or hotel rooms) when traveling outside their home areas in states that have quarantine rules?

Old 07-30-2020, 11:37 AM

12,393 posts, read 8,173,834 times
As an international pandemic our son had to get a pass from their Barangay Captain, sort of mini Mayor, to move around and just go to the neighborhood next door. Passes were issued to one member of the household to shop on two days a week enforced by the police with the army backing them up. The family could not even travel fro his uncle's funeral for a day. So yes in some places it was illegal

Old 07-31-2020, 02:57 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,941,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Aren't flight crews restricted to their hotel (or hotel rooms) when traveling outside their home areas in states that have quarantine rules?
Nope. At least not in any state nor country I layover in, some of which do have varying quarantine rules. The only area I can think that was an issue for crew was Hong Kong, which led to UA and AA abandoning that city.

Old 08-16-2020, 08:10 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,025,282 times
Back in March/April there were people in California getting ticketed for being outside past curfew, since you were only supposed to go out to essential businesses and those were all closed by a certain hour. But I haven't heard of anything like that happening recently.

I've been all over Oregon and Idaho this summer and nothing's happened to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel