U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 01:41 PM

7,124 posts, read 9,947,348 times

Advertisements

Considering Cuba... I had a vacation to Cuba in Dec 2020 that I had to cancel due to Covid, I am debating if I should try again this November - plan is Nov 17-29 so tail end of the hurricane season. Not too concerned about hurricanes but i'm not sure if Cuba is going to be out of the woods yet...

Cuba isn't a straightforward destination to begin with, adding in Covid 19 complications wondering if it will just be too hairy of a plan...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2021, 03:26 PM

2,197 posts, read 976,134 times
Keep in mind that each country has its own response to Covid, and it is not going to be the American response. All the world is still struggling with the vaccination program and things change very quickly.

Here we have had very little Covid in the community for months but right now Victoria is in lockdown because of about thirty cases. Our friends from Melbourne who are in Sydney right now have to decide whether to go home back into lockdown or change their plans. Other friends were travelling in Victoria and will have to be in lockdown there or wherever they are in the country. Flights are cancelled or being met by police if they come from Melbourne.

This has made us decide to postpone yet again our planned trip to Melbourne for later in the year. It is simply too inconvenient to be caught like that when it is a nonessential trip.

Old 05-30-2021, 05:51 PM

16,890 posts, read 7,181,126 times
In Mexico, at least in the Yucatan, cases are spiking and things are locking back down again. Vaccination rate is only 5%. It may be like that in other parts of the world. Covid seems to fluctuate place to place and hard to tell where the hotspots will be at the end of the year, for countries lagging in vaccination.

You didn't say much about what you want and the definition of "good weather" varies but from the names mentioned it sounds like you want tropical-warm climate so the US would be out, except maybe for Hawaii.

Old 05-31-2021, 04:04 AM

2,197 posts, read 976,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
In Mexico, at least in the Yucatan, cases are spiking and things are locking back down again. Vaccination rate is only 5%. It may be like that in other parts of the world. Covid seems to fluctuate place to place and hard to tell where the hotspots will be at the end of the year, for countries lagging in vaccination.

You didn't say much about what you want and the definition of "good weather" varies but from the names mentioned it sounds like you want tropical-warm climate so the US would be out, except maybe for Hawaii.
Most countries are lagging in vaccinations. I read that in Papua New Guinea the cost of a vaccination is equivalent to a week’s average pay. Poorer countries are struggling with the cost and vaccine hesitancy is a problem almost everywhere.

Malaysia has just gone into lockdown, Singapore has increased restrictions, as has Japan, Taiwan and Vietnam. Our state of Victoria is in a short (hopefully) hard lockdown.

The new varieties are much more contagious and it would seem the end of it all is nowhere in sight. Local may be a better option.

Old Today, 05:15 AM

1,100 posts, read 419,263 times
Life goes on on cold countries in winter months. Everyone's life remains just as active as in the summertime. I'd love to spend a winter in Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel