U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 08:53 AM

2,390 posts, read 1,595,231 times

Advertisements

Here is 1st time exp with VRBO.

I cancelled my reservation on May 13. The host will only accept email cancellations, its been 12 days and I still have not heard anything back.

I got VRBO's customer service to try and cancel and I have been assigned 1 support and safety case and 2 others. They told me that VBRO does not have direct access to host's software for cancelling or refunds. All they do is message I guess no power to protect you in case of a host not responding.

I have now disputed the charge on my credit card and will have to provide photos of my email cancel request.

Stick with EXPEDIA!! I have never had trouble with them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2021, 10:10 AM

4,644 posts, read 2,929,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Expedia Group owns VRBO, just FYI.

I expect there are problems on all of these rental websites.

Old 05-27-2021, 07:49 AM

VRBO's customer service has no power to do anything. If the owner refuses to refund I have found out they do nothing but give you claim# upon claim#.

You have to file a claim with your credit card company.

With Expedia, I had one complaint, they refunded my money when the hotel did not have the room I paid for and than on the spot gave me another hotel and gave me an extra money towards the stay to make up for the bad service. They also threw in an extra 50.00 dollar to use later.

AVOID VRBO!

Last edited by 87112; 05-27-2021 at 08:40 AM..

Old 05-27-2021, 08:22 AM

1,034 posts, read 390,748 times
Quote:
VRBO's customer service has no power to do anything. If the owner refuses to refund I have found out they do nothing but give you claim# upon claim#.

You have to file a claim with your credit card company.

With Expedia, I had one complaint, they refunded my money when the hotel did not have the room I paid for and than on the spot gave me another hotel and gave me an extra money towards the stay to make up for the bad service. They also threw in an extra 50.00 dollar to use later.

AVOID VBRO !!
Thanks for the info, I have never used them and definitely won't know.

I recently had my first Vacasa bad experience. I rented room 225 at the Embarcadero in Newport Oregon. I have stayed at the Embarcadero and used Vacassa many times in the past with no problems. This room was a disaster, The upstairs toilet leaked when flushed, downstairs toiled had a broken seat, carpet was severely stained through out the 2 bedroom condo, furniture looked like it was rejected from Goodwill with some of it broken, and the place is in need of a serious cleaning.

Vacasa must not post bad reviews because they never posted my review of this BLEEP hole. I also never heard back from them about my complaints on the room.

Old 05-27-2021, 09:30 AM

4,644 posts, read 2,929,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Vacasa must not post bad reviews because they never posted my review of this BLEEP hole.
I had the same happen with a review I tried to post on booking.com. The review I wrote had both positives and negatives. Never showed up on in the hotel reviews.

Honestly, all online reviews need to be treated with considerable skepticism.

Old 05-27-2021, 09:49 AM

VRBO, I am on my 3rd case #.

Its been one week since my 2nd case # went to a agent assigned to handle my cancellation and refund. If anyone asks I am certainly in time to get my 100% refund, that deadline is 9/5/2021.

In that week since an agent emailed me for proof of cancel request I have no heard back with even an acknowledgement of the pictures I sent him of my cancel requests. Nothing.

You guys have been warned of the below.

https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals

Old 05-27-2021, 11:38 PM

7,148 posts, read 9,972,000 times
I don't book through VRBO as there are way too many complaints, this is yet another one.

Old 05-28-2021, 05:51 AM

15,494 posts, read 4,271,345 times
Quote:
Here is 1st time exp with VRBO.

I cancelled my reservation on May 13. The host will only accept email cancellations, its been 12 days and I still have not heard anything back.

I got VRBO's customer service to try and cancel and I have been assigned 1 support and safety case and 2 others. They told me that VBRO does not have direct access to host's software for cancelling or refunds. All they do is message I guess no power to protect you in case of a host not responding.

I have now disputed the charge on my credit card and will have to provide photos of my email cancel request.

I have sold online for years. And have to deal with occasional cancellations and refunds. I am sure VRBO does not need your business. You are exactly the kind of person that hurts the bottom line. You don't follow the rules you agreed with when you signed up. You did a cancellation and now doing a credit card dispute. Now you are on here slamming them.

Good grief.

I have used AIRBNB several times. No problems at all.

Old 05-28-2021, 06:08 AM

45,867 posts, read 19,464,167 times
I've had it with VRBO.

We cancelled. Place was rebooked within hours. Communicated with owner who assured us we would get a partial refund.

Weeks later and a lot of back and forth with owner about an assistant that sent the refund to the wrong person.

VRBO was no help.

Is AirBnB any better?

Old 05-28-2021, 08:12 AM

5,907 posts, read 4,582,461 times
These problems exist with all the by-owner sites, ABNB included. They go to such extreme lengths to control communication and prevent the owner and guest from getting in direct contact that small issues turn into big ones often. Customer service at all of them is way less than satisfactory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel