U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2021, 09:05 AM

3,474 posts, read 3,631,722 times

Advertisements

Just looking for insight from experiences of those that have been to any (but preferably at least two out of three) of these places:

Likes/dislikes?

Cost comparisons? I get the feeling Saint Barts and Maui are kinda similarly priced and that maybe Anguilla is a tad cheaper.

Comments on the food?

Which place would you pick for the best combination of great food, beautiful beaches and especially peace/tranquility/serenity (able to easily get away from crowds/Instagram photoshoots)

Right now I'm thinking anywhere from 5-12 days. Would you not stay at any of these places for a length of say 12 days? I ask because I absolutely love Hawaii, yet even I noticed getting just slightly bored/ready to move on around the 8 or 9 day mark when visiting Oahu (granted I have visited there several times though).

What is the atmosphere of the people/visitors to Saint Barts? Based on videos, I get slight Capri feeling - Capri is a place I've been to before that I loved the scenery but for reasons I can't quite put into words I also felt at times it was a bit 'stuffy' if you know what I mean.

In terms of if I wanted to get out and do things (exercise/hiking/bike riding, shopping), would you agree Maui would be best, followed by Saint Barts and that Anguilla likely has nothing to do I'm guessing?

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's experiences.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:20 PM

172 posts, read 85,075 times
I’m glad you brought this up. I always wondered if Anguilla and Saint Barts were their own countries or just territories. I looked it up and found that St. Bart’s is under French control, and Anguilla is British. So does that mean you are under the rules of each respective country while there? Do they call the United Kingdom up if there is a problem?

I recommend Maui. I’ve been to the Caribbean and someone in my family had their honeymoon in Hawaii. They told me they felt safer in Hawaii because technically you are still in America. You might be asked a million questions at customs at the other airports. In Hawaii, their traditions are felt. Polynesian food is cooked with pride. People in Hawaii take pride in what they do because of their heritage. Also, the beaches on the Pacific Ocean are a great for surfers.

That doesn’t mean the other places you mentioned don’t have good food and amenities. I am just telling you what I think is in your best interest.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel