U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 11:01 AM

18,452 posts, read 23,951,122 times

Advertisements

So I'm thinking of buying some for our Hawaii trip. Which ones do you use? Wired or wireless? Also, I need to make sure they'll work in United Polaris first class. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2021, 01:07 PM

5,553 posts, read 4,514,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
So I'm thinking of buying some for our Hawaii trip. Which ones do you use? Wired or wireless? Also, I need to make sure they'll work in United Polaris first class. Thanks!
Howard Leight MAX earplugs for less than a buck. Problem solved.

Or, I've used Bose QC35 II for a couple years, c. 2017 or whenever they came out. I bought a heavier duty cable since the one that came with was weak. Standard 1/8" male for airline plugs and laptops, not sure what the end that plugs into the Bose is called. 4' serves my purposes, there are various options available aftermarket. They come in a soft case and probably look dorky, but whatever makes you happy. I don't care and keep them on my head (OTE) from the moment I sit down to the moment we land.

I traveled 40-60% for business a couple years and appreciated the Bose QC35 II lots for the in-flight entertainment and dulling the din in general. Kept people out of my face, too, as in "all of them."

Old 06-11-2021, 01:21 PM

14,103 posts, read 8,250,008 times
I just use my AirPod Pros because I don't like to carry big bulky headphones. The battery probably won't last the entire trip, but pop them back in the case, and they're charged within 15 minutes. That's usually long enough to get up, stretch your legs, hit the lav, etc. (But that only helps with my own devices. I generally don't use the United screens much. If there's something I want to watch, I use the headphones they provide)

Last edited by hertfordshire; 06-11-2021 at 01:30 PM..

Old 06-11-2021, 02:08 PM

9,955 posts, read 18,525,547 times
I've got some Bose QC25 (wired) that I got refurbished at some point from Amazon for $120. I find over the ear to be more comfortable than ear buds and the battery for the noise-cancelling aspect lasts a long time when it's not also powering the rest of the headphone.

Old 06-11-2021, 02:48 PM

18,452 posts, read 23,951,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Howard Leight MAX earplugs for less than a buck. Problem solved.

Or, I've used Bose QC35 II for a couple years, c. 2017 or whenever they came out. I bought a heavier duty cable since the one that came with was weak. Standard 1/8" male for airline plugs and laptops, not sure what the end that plugs into the Bose is called. 4' serves my purposes, there are various options available aftermarket. They come in a soft case and probably look dorky, but whatever makes you happy. I don't care and keep them on my head (OTE) from the moment I sit down to the moment we land.

I traveled 40-60% for business a couple years and appreciated the Bose QC35 II lots for the in-flight entertainment and dulling the din in general. Kept people out of my face, too, as in "all of them."
I'm not trying to keep people away. I'm trying to find the best headphones for my purpose. Sounds like Bose is the way to go

Old 06-11-2021, 03:30 PM

184 posts, read 70,085 times
I've had Bose QC25 headphones for years and love them. They are perfect for jet travel. If you get wireless, make sure there's an option for a wire so you can use them with the flight entertainment system.

Old 06-18-2021, 10:12 AM

5,272 posts, read 5,625,892 times
I have had both QC25 and QC35. I prefer the wireless one. My only issue is my head sweats and wearing those over the ear get hot on my head. I bought some cloth covers that allows my head to breath somewhat. It was the same with both of those. They are fabulous in an airplane with or without music. The QC35 also has a hardwired port and cable. The QC35 batteries seem to last longer as well but are not replaceable.

Old 06-18-2021, 10:55 AM

2,400 posts, read 1,603,615 times
https://www.amazon.com/Soundcore-Can...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I no longer pay 3 times as much for a brand name for a bit better sound or noise cancel improvement.

I have 2 of the above and think they are really really good.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:16 PM

19,516 posts, read 5,622,826 times
I have Beats Studio Wireless that I got on sale at Best Buy for $170 years ago. The leather started crumbling off of the cloth (after years), and the charging plug has to sit in the port just so for it to charge (easy to arrange). Other than that, they sound as they did new.

I have these JVC wired earphones:

https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...ews-filter-bar

I got mine when this new version first came out...at least nine years ago. Still sound as good as they did on day one. I paid $20 bucks, and you can still get them from some sellers for that. Possibly, dollar for dollar, the best purchase of a product I've ever made.

Witin the last month, Best Buy put the Anker Soundcore $90 earbuds on sale for a bit under $30 (clearance), so I bought them. People couldn't hear me on phone calls unless I pulled one of the buds out of my ear and spoke directly into it. Also, one of the two wouldn't refresh properly re pairing, so I reterned them.

This week, Best Buy has the base Apple AirPods on sale for $129 (normally $159) so I picked them up and, a few blocks away at the Apple Store, I got 2 years of AppleCare for $29. I'm happy. I like them.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:24 PM

7,157 posts, read 9,985,080 times
Bose QC25.. I've tried many, the only thing that works for true Noise Cancellation is Bose, the rest that I tried were all garbage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel