Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 01:01 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,568,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Why would I go to Jacksonville, FL? Besides for me to visit my hometown
Since this seems to have stumped the thread I'll take a stab... because it's the nearest big airport for those wishing to visit St. Augustine?

Why would I visit Paraguay? It seems like a Uruguay that is much more closed off and politically oppressed, I can throw "vos" around as much as I want in Uruguay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2022, 01:51 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,732,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physics Guy View Post
Ok, earlier I messed up by posting about S. Korea but not included a followup questions. So why would I go to Japan?
Japan is one of my most favorite countries on earth. It's rich in history, people are so helpful and polite, I would rate it as cleanest country on earth (sorry Singapore!), very safe (my husband and I were out and about past midnight almost every night looking for food in Tokyo and Osaka, thanks to Jetlag from East Coast, and we found plenty of food and people on the streets even that late at night. Heck, there were plenty of office workers stumbling off the subway en-masse just leaving home from whatever pubs they came from!), reliable and modern public transport, great beer (Sapporo and Kirin, mmmmm!!), and on and on!

Why would I go to Colombia?

Old 05-11-2022, 10:47 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,595,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
J
!

Colombia is the most "South American" of all countries, and proudly. They're not ashamed of SA, they don't look outwardfor role models, but inward at a great culture. In Colombia, bus drivers play Tangos. It's old traditional South America. And the people are open and love to talk to visitors.

Old 05-12-2022, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westminster88 View Post
C'mon folks, try to play along with the premise of the thread.
Futility, apparently.

Old 05-12-2022, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I'll take a stab at this since poster who responded to you (again) couldn't figure out how the thread works.

Colombia is very diverse geographically and culturally so you get a lot in a one country visit. There are warm Caribbean beaches up north, coffee growing region to the west, Andean highlands to the south, and the Amazon jungle to the east. You'll encounter cultures ranging from African roots to mountain men with poncho over their shoulder like a Juan Valdez caricature. There are countless small pueblos to visit that are an easy bus ride from the major cities, so much natural beauty, and since near the equator the weather is fairly constant. Go Cartagena for the beach, Medellín for the Boteros, Cali for the salsa nightlife, etc.

Why would I visit Norway? It seems neat geography but cold and expensive, which I can get in a much more compact package with Iceland.

Old 05-12-2022, 04:57 AM

Quote:
C'mon folks, try to play along
with the premise of the thread.
I think your saying you wantt only one response to a post , then the country changes. Lika

Why go to A

Cuz A is lovely. Why go to B

Cuz B has good food. Why go to C

Cuz C has free beer. Why go to D

Cuz D's has AOC is 12. E. ectectect

But that doesn't allow any nore discussion, so most posters feel left out

Last edited by arr430; 05-12-2022 at 05:10 AM..

Old 05-12-2022, 06:34 AM

700 posts, read 446,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
, so most posters feel left out
They all messaged you or something?

Old 05-12-2022, 06:39 AM

Quote:
They all messaged you or something?
No, they post them right here in the forum, and it's pretty easy to see the trends.

In post-2. I obeyed the rule. Poster 3 was the first violator, improperly returning to the prior poster's comment. Then poster 6 violated, followed by five straight Australia comments,

Last edited by arr430; 05-12-2022 at 06:56 AM..

Old 05-12-2022, 07:02 AM

We can just ignore the buffoons who can't follow a simple thread format, which leaves us at:

"Why would I visit Norway? It seems neat geography but cold and expensive, which I can get in a much more compact package with Iceland"

Old 05-12-2022, 07:57 PM

Norway is the only reliable, accessible place to view the midnight sun. Also, Norway is an alternative for those growing weary of same-old sites but are afraid to risk "dirty" continents/

Why would you go tp Russia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel