Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2022, 05:33 PM

4,260 posts, read 8,123,607 times

Advertisements

I meant to add, we also have one planned for April next year.. Tentatively, starting Ljbujana and Lake Bled, Going to Warsaw for a few nights, then on to Dubrovnick and some day trips to surrounding countries (like Bosnia and Montenegro), and then flying to Amsterdam and visiting some friends in Arnhem, NL.

Earlier this year, we did another 2 weeks there, started in Bucharest, day trip to Brasov, followed by Budapest with a day trip to Bratislava, and then moving on to Tallinn and then taking a cruise to an overnight in Helsinki and flying home from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2022, 08:01 PM

14,311 posts, read 14,107,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Does anyone have travel plans to Europe? I have decided to complete my bucket list in the next 2 years. In April I am going on a tour that includes Zurich, Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague. I had one planned for during the pandemic which didn’t happen of course. Then in fall 2024 I am taking a tour of France. I have been to Europe 5xs and these trips will complete my must do list. Another of my good friends died 2 weeks ago and it really hit home that as one gets closer to 70 life can be short.
I've been to every place on your list except for Zurich.

We just returned from a driving vacation that started in Copenhagen, Denmark and included Hamburg, Germany, Berlin, Germany, Dresden, Germany, and Rothenburg, Germany before we drove back to Copenhagen. We prefer to rent a car and drive to most European destinations that we visit. Our next European trip will likely be to Croatia.

Old 11-01-2022, 08:47 PM

13,011 posts, read 12,960,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingaway View Post
We are going to Spain and Portugal in early December. Just came back from a month long trip to SE Asia last night.

I really want to visit Israel next year or soon, which will be included in a European trip. We go to Europe at least once in a year.
I am visiting Spain and Portugal in January. Looking at New Orleans for April, not sure about where for next fall.

Old 11-01-2022, 09:02 PM

6,850 posts, read 4,331,289 times
Mark, when I was married we didn’t take tours as my husband had a great sense of direction and didn’t mind driving in a foreign country. I have neither of these attributes.

Old 11-05-2022, 06:53 PM

211 posts, read 405,962 times
Spending 8 days in Prague, late November. Then in 2023, will be back in Prague for 4 or 5 days, along with a weekend trip to Grobolbersdorf, Germany, and then 5 or_6 days in Budapest or Krakow, still finalizing that

Old 11-06-2022, 07:07 AM

5,662 posts, read 11,211,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969351 View Post
Spending 8 days in Prague, late November. Then in 2023, will be back in Prague for 4 or 5 days, along with a weekend trip to Grobolbersdorf, Germany, and then 5 or_6 days in Budapest or Krakow, still finalizing that
You mean Großolbersdorf, correct? The 4th letter "ß" is a double S. I've been to that little town a few times on bicycle rides from Chemnitz. It is not far southeast of Chemnitz in the Erzgebirge (Ore Mountains). What in the world brings you to that little town? There are castles at nearby Wolkenstein and Scharfenstein. I have yet to run into an American tourist in this region, or a tourist from anywhere besides Germany or one of the countries that borders Germany.

Old 11-06-2022, 07:34 AM

7,374 posts, read 6,427,699 times
2.5 week trip planned to Spain (Madrid, Seville, Marbella) end of May into June.

Old 11-06-2022, 02:24 PM

2,150 posts, read 1,419,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
After all of this Traveling, haven't went to Europe since December 2019! Three years! Expecting to finally return in 2023 for Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Hungary. Before and after other mixed Continents destinations together. Most likely in Summer July 2023. If not January to June. Glad to see I might opt out for less minimal budget rigidity strictness. Not as expensive compared to USA, yet a noticeable difference from most of Middle East, Asia. Nevertheless, glad to go back.
You must have a private income and not have to work as you spend so much time travelling. Lucky you.

Old 11-06-2022, 03:48 PM

10,288 posts, read 8,448,121 times
I’m in Belgium now. Next trip Hawaii in December. After that who knows?

Old 11-06-2022, 04:27 PM

211 posts, read 405,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
You mean Großolbersdorf, correct? The 4th letter "ß" is a double S. I've been to that little town a few times on bicycle rides from Chemnitz. It is not far southeast of Chemnitz in the Erzgebirge (Ore Mountains). What in the world brings you to that little town? There are castles at nearby Wolkenstein and Scharfenstein. I have yet to run into an American tourist in this region, or a tourist from anywhere besides Germany or one of the countries that borders Germany.
Correct, there is a event for a group I belong to that holds a get together there in May each year, this year was around 170 people, 3 Americans, 1 new Zealand, and the rest from all over Europe, Germany having the most obviously
Definitely an out of the way place, but nice, something I didn't expect to find
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel