Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2023, 10:43 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,574,122 times

Advertisements

We usually restock once or twice a year when swinging through USA to visit family, ordering a bunch of stuff from Amazon delivered to a family member to pick up.

However we have noticed lately there are Amazon lockers in other countries, here in Spain they have them in the supermarket right up the street. I've not used them yet but experimented with Amazon online and yes indeed I can get just about anything delivered there, with limitations on size and regional availability. This is a great deal man, since receiving packages can be very complicated when on the road even if you're dug in somewhere for months at a time. I looked and they also have them at a few locations in Guadalajara MX.

So something to consider if you're on a long trip and need something that is hard to find in local stores. You could even order something ahead to be sent to a city you'll be in later for pickup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2023, 11:13 PM

5,763 posts, read 11,370,882 times
I have not used Amazon lockers in Germany, but instead have used Hermes (package delivery co) pickup points several times to pick up packages ordered through Amazon. I prefer the pickup points instead of having deliveries to my apartment as I don't have to wait around for the delivery.

One easy way to find Amazon lockers is a Google Maps search. When placing an order, you simply choose the locker or pickup point as the delivery address.

Old 05-30-2023, 11:48 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,574,122 times
Yeah, in some countries package delivery is difficult. Often there is no way for a delivery person to enter from the street so there is no safe place to leave packages, you would have to spend your day waiting for text messages so you can meet the guy outside. We did have one place in Mexico that had a vigilante, that was nice since as long as Don Francisco was actually awake (a big x-factor) he could receive packages and put them behind a little desk in the lobby.

I'd much rather have them delivered to a pickup point.

Old 05-31-2023, 06:46 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
You could even order something ahead to be sent to a city you'll be in later for pickup.

Just be aware of timing. Some lockers have a limit to how long they will hold a package. My last apartment complex had an Amazon locker, and after 3 days, packages were sent back.

Old 06-02-2023, 06:19 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,600,617 times
Is there still any such thing as Customs delays or import duties? Can any other vendor ship to your Amazon locker?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel