Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 05:22 PM

493 posts, read 665,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
You trust the airlines too much. Of course they can spring a trap at the check-in counter. Here's a trap they tried on me on my luggage (before they started to charging for the 2nd piece). My first piece was 10 pounds over and by second piece was 15 pounds under. They tried to hit me up for an additional $20 for the overweight one. I asked the agent " Why don't you just weigh both together, thus they would average to be under?" He said no, his supervisor said no. So I said fine and layed my luggage on the scales until the overweight one was under and then moved it to the underwieght one. Did both of thier faces turn red. And thus no fee.
Whatever...they have weight limits on checked bags for a reason

Of course you were perfectly within your right to even out the weight per peice and avoid the overweight charge. Bravo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 02:04 PM

385 posts, read 1,260,692 times
You're not the first person to do that......

Old 05-17-2009, 04:40 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Yes, and they ambush you, hold you down, and force it down your gullet too.
that remind me of a flight i had that a guy next to had terrible motion sickness lets just say he used more than one barf bag but some how managed to eat his in flight meal

Old 06-04-2009, 06:39 PM

92 posts, read 316,920 times
I'll just say that I'd rather sit next to an obese person than a smelly one. Obese people (if they aren't smelly too) are usually VERY nice people!

This does remind me of when my brother had to fly home to NYC for my other brother's funeral. He was living in Colorado at the time and decided that when he flew home to NYC, he would stay, so he bought a one-way ticket. He was in his late 20's and very much in to the drug scene. He rarely took a shower, and had few clothes so he would just wear whatever for a week at a time or so. He used to live in Michigan so he had a Michigan drivers license. He's a dark Puerto Rican and used to have very long dreadlocks (on his license picture) but when he traveled he was bald.

So picture this, he was flying on a one-way ticket Denver to New York with no luggage, smelling like God-knows-what, bald with an expired Michigan photo ID of him looking like Jesus on pot. Needless to say, he was strip searched at the airport! LOL!

Now THAT'S the guy I don't want to sit next to on the plane! LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel