Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 09:46 AM

673 posts, read 2,716,772 times

Advertisements

Enough said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 01:41 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,785,978 times
+1

worst airline ever.. I don't travel this airline, period. US Airways just has terrible disregard for it's customers and also operates more like a bus.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:04 PM

1,853 posts, read 9,687,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaauger View Post
Enough said.

What do you mean enough said? Tell us what happened so we can at least make a judgement on our own.

For the record, I do work for USAir. I don't deal with customer service, or on time performance. My job is to make sure that the planes don't drop out of the sky. I do know that we have some disgruntled flight attendants, and reservationists that are really getting a bum steer right now. But, you can't just come on here and say, "Enough said". I'm interested in hearing what happened. I'm also interested in hearing if it was a mainline flight, or a commuter that is under contract to fly our colors. There are a few of them that routinely give us a bad name.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:45 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Good to hear SRF about making sure they don't drop out of the sky. I hate to fly period but when I did fly on US airways, it was less comfortable than the others.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:27 PM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times
I wold fly them again, but would plan my flights for early in the day, maybe even morning. I love flying all over, been to Chicago, Madison, OKC, Tulsa, Seattle, and if it was affordable, would love to visit someplace new every month. My daughter and I have been talking about NYC (just to visit) and Vegas for months now, I think soon we're gonna find a way to make it happen. Girls weekend out! Id also love to go to Georgia and Tennessee one day.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:33 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,437,098 times
I think it is really tacky that they are charging for drinks on domestic flights. Luckily they are super small here in Southern California so I don't fly them. I have only flown US Airways Express operated by Mesa. Not much to remark about because the flight was only 1 hour over to Phoenix from Orange County SNA. It sounds like it would suck in Charlotte or Philly where US is dominant, I mean having to pay for a soda or coffee every time would get annoying.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:12 PM

2 posts, read 4,038 times
I agree. I wouldn't mind taking US Airways for a short flight, but for a longer domestic flight I prefer something like Continental where a meal is included in the price for a cross country flight. Also, apparently there is some type of connection between United and US Airways that I was unaware of. I was flying from LAX to Boston with several large suitcases and bags because I was moving. Although my ticket was labelled with one terminal/airline I was told after I waited in line that I had to go to the other terminal which was on the other side of the airport because even though the ticket was labelled US Airways I had to board at the United terminal because they have some type of agreement.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:24 PM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times
I think United offers meals on their longer flights dont they?

Old 08-16-2008, 07:42 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,687,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
I think it is really tacky that they are charging for drinks on domestic flights. Luckily they are super small here in Southern California so I don't fly them. I have only flown US Airways Express operated by Mesa. Not much to remark about because the flight was only 1 hour over to Phoenix from Orange County SNA. It sounds like it would suck in Charlotte or Philly where US is dominant, I mean having to pay for a soda or coffee every time would get annoying.
I suppose that you could look at it as tacky. I see it as being given a choice that I didn't have before. Drinks and meals were never free. They were always included in the price of a ticket. The people that didn't eat or drink still paid for the meal, they just didn't know it.

Today, people are always looking for the cheapest ticket. We are saying ok, this is what it costs to haul you from city to city. If you want anything extra, you will have to pay extra. All airlines will be doing it. Not just us.

How would you feel if you went to a ballgame or a movie where they added an extra 20 bucks to the price of the ticket, and then handed out drinks and popcorn to everybody there? Even if you weren't hungry you would still have to pay. Doesn't make sense does it?

Do you know of any other industry that is expected to feed and water their customers for free? I certainly don't know of any. Maybe I'll head down to Starbucks to demand a free coffee.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:14 AM

3,391 posts, read 8,778,850 times
I have had good and bad experiences on many airlines including USAir. One of my best trips was a USAir to London......or was it Rome? Can't remember the European destination but it was a good flight on USAir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel