U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 07:04 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,024,999 times

Advertisements

I just heard a commercial and they were playing "I've been everywhere" and I just had to post here.

Great song!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 05:30 PM

101 posts, read 293,282 times
Default Shih Tzu actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookingforasafehome View Post
What kind of puppy did you get bhs? We recently got an Shis Tzu, I think that is how you spell that! We also bike and love challenging trails as well! We once went on a 30 mile trail in Tallahassee that led to a cornfield and a very nice museum, and had a resturant along the way, which we ate at...was many moons ago, but what fun we had!

It is actually spelled Shih Tzu. I got one myself in April 06 and she will be a year Feb. 22ed She is the sweetest thing in the world! In the mix of my 3 100plus lb male dogs, she is now the boss of the house! Contrary to her breed, she LOVES to eat and get dirty outside. She is beautiful!!

Just had to gloat about mine.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:15 PM

669 posts, read 2,491,561 times
I've been to everyone but Alaska. Most visits were from long road trips my husband and I made while we were in college and without kids. So many good memories and funny stories. This country is full of weird, wonderfull, and kind people everywhere you look. I also think we have one of the most beautifull countries in the world. Hopefully we can do it again when the kids get older.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:03 PM

18,696 posts, read 37,330,356 times
All but three New England states.

Course, I count Alaska as being there. But the only thing I saw in Alaska was what I could see looking out the window at the Anchorage air port. haha

Old 02-07-2007, 06:07 PM

4,489 posts, read 6,886,525 times
All but Alaska, Hawaii and the Northwest!

It amazing how many subcultures there are through-out the U.S., not nearly as homoginzed as "t.v." would make you beleive.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:07 PM

8,862 posts, read 15,210,697 times
Default cultures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
All but Alaska, Hawaii and the Northwest!

It amazing how many subcultures there are through-out the U.S., not nearly as homoginzed as "t.v." would make you beleive.

I found a website with posters from all over the world and the conversations motivated me to learn more about the nation and world.

We started talking about quilts. I found pics from Hawaii, Pacific NW and Australia --explained the culture better than thousands of books.

Love to find the artists in every area.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:01 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,239,618 times
I have been to all but HI I thumbed and grayhounded around the country when I was younger. When I turned 17 My dad put $1000 in my hand and said see the country before you settle and make any choices. So I did. Went to Alaska first. Than I worked my way around for serveral years doing odd jobs for cah and staying at shelters or on the streets. But I have been to 49 of the 50. And I wouldn't change that exsperiance for the world. It made me who I am today.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:04 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,239,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
All but three New England states.

Course, I count Alaska as being there. But the only thing I saw in Alaska was what I could see looking out the window at the Anchorage air port. haha
Maine NH and VT ? The northern most 3 right.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:05 PM

18,696 posts, read 37,330,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
Maine NH and VT ? The northern most 3 right.
yup, you got it. It's funny. I've been to RI and to Maine. But flew to both.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:19 AM

291 posts, read 1,266,137 times
I will write that down here, thank you Bhs. That is sad, is there something you can do? I know, we have some problems where we live currently too, people doing lots of things they shouldn't be doing, but there is no outrage, people too busy doing whatever they are doing, and not really wanting to get involved or too scared too. Sad, cause so much of what happens to us, is so preventable, yet goes on, without much notice.

It's a bit too cold up here to pull out my bike...but soon it will heat up and we can hit the trails, again. I really miss Georiga sometimes here.
Enjoy your warm climate down there, hopefully I will too, someday soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or