U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 09:00 PM

7,139 posts, read 13,408,852 times

Advertisements

All but Hawaii. Was in Alaska last year for a few months, once is enough. But a beautiful state outside the cities. My favorite part of the US is the Southwest: Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado (Mountain State).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2007, 02:11 PM

4,585 posts, read 11,130,848 times
Everyone but Alaska. I think...I'd been up in Canada one year in the back of beyond so I might have put my toe over the line...LOL.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:48 AM

792 posts, read 2,937,816 times
Hawaii, Alaska, Nebraska, the Dakotas are the only exceptions less far, but that will change
I've been to British Columbia several times and had planned to "shoot up" to Alaska for a few days several years back. I was so naive to believe that it would be maybe a 6 hour drive to get to the boundary. Not even close! Gosh Alaska is up there- how did we ever decide to wind up purchasing that territory?

Old 04-13-2007, 05:37 PM

6,351 posts, read 19,689,038 times
Have grown up, been stationed in or trucked through all the 48 CONUS states. Refueled in Anchorage enroute to Korea, so I've seen the bear, too! Have trucked thru Ontario and Quebec. Uncle Sam let me see Alberta and Frobisher Bay on Baffin Island and we day-tripped into B.C. from Seattle. Had orders once to HI but they were cancelled; maybe one day...

Old 04-27-2007, 08:51 PM

27 posts, read 132,917 times
Been to every one except Hawaii and Kansas. Not sure how I missed Kansas since I have been cross country several times. Guess I always went above or below it.

Nine months after my husband and I got married, we quit our jobs, bought an RV and went on a long road trip. Such a great experience. That was 7 years ago and I still think about that trip almost daily.

We now have 3 kids, (ages 5,4 and 2) but we dont let that stop us. Rented an RV last summer and took them on a big roadtrip from Seattle WA to Phoenix AZ.

So far for this summer and fall we have 3 major trips planned: Delaware, Tennessee and California.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:01 PM

7,916 posts, read 17,116,856 times
I've been to all fifty states but I think it took at least ten years and a whole bunch of six or seven week vacations. I've also been to twenty two countries and I usually alternated, this year US, next year, foreign country, etc. I never get tired of traveling though. If I had lots more money I'd probably spend half my time traveling.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:48 AM

3,042 posts, read 8,205,342 times
i have been to every state

Old 05-03-2007, 04:23 PM

6,600 posts, read 16,645,280 times
I suck. I've only been to

All of the original 13 (minus Rhode Island)
Vermont
Florida
Ohio
Tennessee
California

(I don't count drive-throughs or airport hops as visits)

I've been to almost as many countries in Europe as I have to states in the U.S. For a U.S. citizen that is quite sad, isn't it

Old 05-04-2007, 10:15 AM

6,351 posts, read 19,689,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
I've been to almost as many countries in Europe as I have to states in the U.S. For a U.S. citizen that is quite sad, isn't it
I'm not sure about that; I'd bet there are a lot more Americans that have only been to the state next to their own. Or haven't even been out of their state. So you're OK there. And I'm sure that you've seen more overseas countries than even more Americans have... (I sometimes wonder if I'd ever gotten overseas if I'd followed my first dream of getting on my hometown fire department instead of joining the military... I'm sure glad my life's turned out the way it has; have loved the travel and experiences that I had!)

Old 05-04-2007, 11:11 AM

769 posts, read 2,015,087 times
I'm waaayyyy behind!!! My parents didn't have the time/money to travel much when I was younger, so I didn't get started until about 5 years ago. Now, I've been to 30 states, including HI. I am trying to give my daughter a head start - she's 19 and has been to 26 states, Canada, Puerto Rico and Costa Rica. We're planning on adding a couple more this fall, and then a trip up to Maine, NH and Vermont next year. We're gonna get there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or