Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 01:45 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry251 View Post
This is an opinion forum. What, you expect people not to express their opinion?

Like you would enjoy sitting next to a heaving obese person, sweating all over you? Don't act like you are above the pet peeves. If you were, you wouldn't be posting in the darn thread.
That's not the point.

My points all along have been as follows.......

1) When you consider and claim breastmilk the equivelent of feces and urine. That's not an opinion. That's a HUGE, flawed and fundamentally incorrect misconception and a HUGE irrationality. There's nothing factual, there.

2) Now, you keep chirping about being challenged for your "opinion" and you insinuate you're being crucified for your opinion. Yet you have no problem dealing out harsh criticism, harsh words and slamming other people. "Fat" or obese people being just one example.

3) At best, in your mind, you're completely content dishing it out. But you wither and cry foul when the target of criticsim....is you.

4) Don't dish it out, if you can't take it.

5) Opinion forums include all kinds of opinions. Including opinions which challenge your opinions and at times....request some clarity. Deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 01:55 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
This thread is pointless.

If one person can't simply express an opinion....

you all need to get off your high horse.
Please. Let's not talk about high-horses, here. You've been riding and galloping your high horse all over the place, across these forums. And you rode high and proud in the saddle, till you were challenged with the same critical eye, you yourself love to wield around.

Let's not be hypocritical.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:06 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
OK, ok, ok...that's it !
People.....back on topic, PLEASE!

The past pages have revolved around nothing but: Boobs, breastfeeding, urine, feces, obese people...etc.
That's an airplane "pet peeve" ?
How about "real pet peeves", affecting everyone ?
Like rude service, delays, old planes........
People are people, and some do, what they want to do. (Whether anyone likes it....or NOT!)
If a person can't, or won't, put up with someone else and their (sometimes maybe quirky) individuality....well, either don't go out to a public place and especially don't fly anymore.
It's called compassion and tolerance !
ESPECIALLY, when sitting almost on another passengers lap right next to you, in such a confined space.

Back on topic please, minding City-Data's ToS (Terms of Service), Rules and Guidelines !

Old 04-16-2009, 03:35 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Me thinks someone wasn't breastfed as a child and maybe a tad bitter over it....

Old 04-17-2009, 11:16 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,316,835 times
Quote:
I don't like babies, don't give a whim about them.
I hate children...
You are welcome to your opinion and views, but IMHO there is no reason to be so hateful.
Isn't there a way to be more constructive?

Old 04-17-2009, 04:43 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Me thinks someone wasn't breastfed as a child and maybe a tad bitter over it....
Very....VVVVEEEERRRRYYYYY funny reply.....lmao !
BUT, I do have to stress the fact, that we don't want to put more wood on a certain fire in certain ways.
So...carry on to the REAL ORIGINAL topic, please !
Thank you.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:05 PM

16,670 posts, read 17,435,450 times
How about this one- you're trying to get some sleep on a red eye flight and the blooming announcement comes on to tell you whatever and now you're wide awake.

Grrrrrr!

Old 04-17-2009, 05:24 PM

124 posts, read 509,393 times
I have numerous pet peeves when it comes to flying, here are just a few....

People who stand in the security line for 20 mins listening to the instructions being repeated again and again over the speaker system, walking past all the signs that give you instructions and then get to the xray machine and don't take their shoes off, don't get there laptops out and try to go through with 5 gallons of shampoo in their bag.

People who think I want to breathe in their gas on an airplane - please just go to the bathroom.

People who do that throat mucus sniff thing, makes me want to vomit.

People that bring on tons of bags, if you have to bring so much stuff check it, if you don't want to check it, don't bring so much!

I dislike people who are rude to the cabin crew, I suppose I just dislike rude people in general.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
Very....VVVVEEEERRRRYYYYY funny reply.....lmao !
BUT, I do have to stress the fact, that we don't want to put more wood on a certain fire in certain ways.
So...carry on to the REAL ORIGINAL topic, please !
Thank you.
Sorry.....hanging my head.....I hadn't read all the way to the end.....oops.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachiie View Post
I have numerous pet peeves when it comes to flying, here are just a few....

People who stand in the security line for 20 mins listening to the instructions being repeated again and again over the speaker system, walking past all the signs that give you instructions and then get to the xray machine and don't take their shoes off, don't get there laptops out and try to go through with 5 gallons of shampoo in their bag.

People who think I want to breathe in their gas on an airplane - please just go to the bathroom.

People who do that throat mucus sniff thing, makes me want to vomit.

People that bring on tons of bags, if you have to bring so much stuff check it, if you don't want to check it, don't bring so much!

I dislike people who are rude to the cabin crew, I suppose I just dislike rude people in general.
20 minutes? I've never waited 20 minutes at my airport. And the other airports I've been to don't have anything on loop. There is a sign, but I can't see most of it since it's at the END of security. Who's the genius behind that one?

I don't fly much and the rules seem to change every time I go to the airport. And it depends on the person checking your stuff.

Taking your shoes off and dragging your laptop out is a HUGE pain in the arse! There's no where to take your shoes off and put them back on. And god only knows what's on the airport floor that you are walking barefoot in. YUCK!

Our airports were NEVER designed to have these huge security areas and most of them are such crap. It's ridiculous. And it doesn't stop people at all.People still bring things on the plane that they're not supposed to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel