Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,687,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Uh...I just flew halfway around the world last week, and ALL the lavatory sinks most definitely had a sign on them saying it was NOT drinking water.

Now, as far as some of the other posts go, standards are different if you're flying in the USA than if you're flying internationally. Things you can take on board here are not allowed a lot of places. I had a layover in Fiji and they took my fingernail scissors (all of 1" long blades!), my embroidery needles, a small unopened packet of beef jerky, my small bamboo embroidery hoop, three packets of cheese crackers, and a pair of fingernail clippers. All of these items are allowed in the USA.

You can fly all the way around the world, and you will NEVER find an airplane that recycles the water.

The lady very specifically stated that the water is recycled. That was an untrue statement. I am setting the record straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 09:48 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,920,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post
You can fly all the way around the world, and you will NEVER find an airplane that recycles the water.

The lady very specifically stated that the water is recycled. That was an untrue statement. I am setting the record straight.
And I didn't say that it was recycled, I said it was marked as unpotable water.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 10,454 times
i am geting ready to fly for the first time [ and i have no clue what all can i bring with me on the plane when i go

Old 02-07-2009, 02:11 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,102,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgirl092 View Post
i am geting ready to fly for the first time [ and i have no clue what all can i bring with me on the plane when i go
Then read this thread from the beginning. The TSA website link in the second post will give you all the information you need. The various posts will give you good advice.

Flying is magical! -- have a happy trip!

Old 02-09-2009, 11:50 AM

269 posts, read 913,816 times
When I was at the airport a couple weeks ago it specifically said no wrapped gifts.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:05 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgirl092 View Post
Don't bring much - if anything, just bring something to keep you occupied, like a book or magazine. Most airplanes offer entertainment -if not, bring music (ipod).

Old 02-18-2009, 01:19 PM

973 posts, read 3,304,759 times
At the rate that the airlines are going, in the future the only way we can get past TSA will be if we're nekkid and holding 1 set of clothes in a Piggly Wiggly bag.
Just show up nekkid and scare them into letting us hurry through the line. No $25 surcharges on the carry-on luggage either b/c after we get dressed in our one allotted outfit, we can fold up our "luggage" and stow it in a pocket.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 9,390 times
i want to know what you can or cant take on a plane. havent flown before so dont really know

Old 06-21-2009, 08:15 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I haven't flown for awhile, so I'm a wee bit forgetful as to what IS and IS NOT allowed any more on a plane ??? I checked TSA's website for info and it was somewhat helpful , but I'm also looking for advice from RECENT travelers and any problems that you encountered ?

Can I bring wrapped presents in my carryon luggage on the plane? Can I bring my own food (apple, sandwich, etc.), just NOT any liquids? How bad is SFO's TSA?

TIA for any and all good advice !
Best advice? Take AMTRAK. There is no standardization with TSA. One airport, they say okay to a certain item, another will say no, etc. Regardless of what their website states.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:39 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,003,579 times
I hate paying 4 dollars for a bottle of water so I put an empty water bottle in my carry-on and after going thru screening I fill it from a drinking fountain. I also pack trail mix and other snacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel