Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 06:37 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,346,313 times

Advertisements

Hello America, I thought I would ask you if you have had an experience with the Original Buffalo Wings from Buffalo, New York.

Anchor Bar

The place where it all happened - the Anchor Bar in downtown Buffalo, started out back in the 60's and today boasts as one of the most famous bars in America.

Are you familar with Buffalo Wings? The deep-fried savory sensation of fresh, hot wings, mixed with a special secret hot sauce served with Blue Cheese... - It all started in Buffalo, New York - many think that they were named after the animal, but back in 1964, an occurence changed the world and now the Buffalo Wing is America's Favorite Food! - Anchor Bar

Well, If you have gone to the Anchor Bar, or are familiar or not with the world renowned restaurant, please share your thoughts on wings or the famous restaurant in general.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Bo; 01-23-2009 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: Moved from General US
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 09:51 PM

1,576 posts, read 6,347,989 times
Good to know. I'm a huge wings fan, so if I am ever in Buffalo I will make sure to visit The Anchor Bar.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goozer View Post
Good to know. I'm a huge wings fan, so if I am ever in Buffalo I will make sure to visit The Anchor Bar.

I believe that the Anchor Bar should be the first place that any out of towners go to when they come to Buffalo , hope to see you there soon!

Old 11-09-2008, 03:14 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,843,182 times
Been there! They have a lot of other great food as well. The wings are the best I've had anyplace. Had a few variations that were very good, but not the originals.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:54 PM

2,397 posts, read 4,700,653 times
They have the best wings around. And great fried mushrooms.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Been there! They have a lot of other great food as well. The wings are the best I've had anyplace. Had a few variations that were very good, but not the originals.
Great to hear you have been there! If you come this way again...do you think you would make a return visit?

Old 11-10-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurorawatcher View Post
They have the best wings around. And great fried mushrooms.

Mmmmm good to know about them fried mushrooms, they do have a vast variety of great foods on their menu, and it's expanding all the time!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:02 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,843,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
Great to hear you have been there! If you come this way again...do you think you would make a return visit?
Without a doubt! Good memories as well as good food. A couple of real good friends of mine used to live around there. One died in a plane crash and the other in an auto accident. When I am close, I always stop for a batch of wings and a silent toast to good friends we have lost and good friends we have yet to make.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:21 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,858,234 times
We ate there while passing through on vacation last year. It was great eating in the place where it all began. We don't get up that way often (last year was the first time going anywhere near Buffalo), but will definitely stop by when we do go that way again. It's certainly worth the trouble.
Also, from what I could tell, Buffalo's not nearly as bad as people make it sound sometimes. I liked it. Downtown was a bit dead on a Sunday afternoon, though.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Without a doubt! Good memories as well as good food. A couple of real good friends of mine used to live around there. One died in a plane crash and the other in an auto accident. When I am close, I always stop for a batch of wings and a silent toast to good friends we have lost and good friends we have yet to make.
What a heat-felt post, thanks for the tears - that is a very touching story you have there, and a good one at that .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel