Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2008, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 16,591 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
Can anyone please help. I have paid VRBO to advertise my villa on their site and they stated it would take 1-3 working days to put on. 2 weeks later my site is still under construction and looking all over the website there is not a telephone number to be seen. Is the norm to take this long as I have paid for 1 years subscription and I can 't use it!!
I have e-mailed their so called help service and yet still no reply.

has any other home owner advertising on VRBO experienced this! once payment has been made do I have to do anything? I did wonder if I had to activate or something!

Please help if you can.

Kind Regards,

Ian
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 03:06 AM

8 posts, read 319,202 times
sorry, i can't help because i don't know telephone number of VRBO.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:58 AM

1,178 posts, read 5,942,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola32 View Post
Hi All,
Can anyone please help. I have paid VRBO to advertise my villa on their site and they stated it would take 1-3 working days to put on. 2 weeks later my site is still under construction and looking all over the website there is not a telephone number to be seen. Is the norm to take this long as I have paid for 1 years subscription and I can 't use it!!
I have e-mailed their so called help service and yet still no reply.

has any other home owner advertising on VRBO experienced this! once payment has been made do I have to do anything? I did wonder if I had to activate or something!

Please help if you can.

Kind Regards,

Ian
Try this support form for their parent company, Homeaway:

Homeaway.com Support Request

Old 12-24-2008, 05:28 AM

1 posts, read 16,483 times
Default VRBO phone number

The VRBO # that appeared on my credit card statement was: VRBO.COM 512-684-1100 TX. Hope that helps.

Jeff

Old 12-29-2008, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 16,418 times
Default VRBO Telephone Number

Home Away owns VRBO. Their corporate number is 512-684-1100.

I called them because I also have a problem with VRBO not answering their "help" solution.

They gave me the number for VRBO which is 303-680-9280.

I hope this helps!

Old 01-08-2009, 03:59 AM

1 posts, read 16,370 times
VRBO are so difficult to contact. The number above is for credit card payments only - you cannot be transferred and told to submit a request form from the site They are the most arrogant website! They cannot be bothered with their advertizers! Having completed their support form - I had a response from someone in there admin office with a promise to get someone to call back - Despite sending 10 emails over 3 months, they have yet to bother with a reply. There site is popular, but it is quite old (the design is SO dated). They have recently increased the max photos to 16 (from 12). If you don't take one of these options, your ad is unlikely to get much response. (next year it will most likely be 20!!)

Old 02-11-2009, 12:08 PM

366 posts, read 1,744,641 times
Hey that cabin looks fantastic. How far is it from the Arlington Hotel. I'm staying there from July 13-17th for our national car meet. I will be wanting to stay at the host hotel, but I know it will fill up and I can post your advertisement for others if it's close enough. Here's the website for our show.

NAMGAR GT-34 Event Site

Edit: I just noticed it's 27 miles? I will still post and hopefully someone will be interested as it's a great rate for multiple people.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:59 AM

4 posts, read 50,085 times
The number you have posted for VRBO.com is their BILLING line only. As VRBO.com is an internet based company, all customer service issues are handled via email using their Request for Assistance form on their Help page.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:02 PM

Default Not Recommended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melhado View Post

!
If you call this number, you will be directed to use their Request for Assistance form (link found on their Help page). So you should just go there in the first place and save the step. This number is a BILLING line for incoming payments/renewals ONLY and not a customer service phone line. Since they are an internet-based company, they handle all customer service issues via email.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melhado View Post
Home Away owns VRBO. Their corporate number is 512-684-1100.

I called them because I also have a problem with VRBO not answering their "help" solution.

I hope this helps!
HomeAway is the parent company, but VRBO and HomeAway are still very separate companies with their own staff. VRBO did have a backlog of email due to unforeseen circumstances last year, but that is not a huge issue anymore. Most messages are answered within 24-48 hours.

If you call this number for VRBO, you will be directed to use their Request for Assistance form anyway (link found on their Help page). So you should just go there in the first place and save the step. This number is a BILLING line for incoming payments/renewals ONLY and not a customer service phone line. Since they are an internet-based company, they handle all customer service issues via email.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel