Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Did You Have The Best Experiance
Dallas, Texas 6 16.22%
Atlanta, Georgia 6 16.22%
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 6 16.22%
Knoxville, Tennessee 3 8.11%
San Antonio, Texas 15 40.54%
Pheonix, Arizona 5 13.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 05:37 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,113,777 times

Advertisements

None of these cities as on your list but the most exciting cities i've been to are:

NYC
Palma, Mallorca
Barcelona, Spain
Dublin, Ireland
Edinburgh & Glasgow, Scotland
Naples, Italy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 11:52 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
I've been to all of the cities in the poll and like them all, but San Antonio's Riverwalk gets my vote for "Best".

Old 12-07-2008, 01:15 AM

279 posts, read 1,013,864 times
Default San Antonio Riverwalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
I've been to all of the cities in the poll and like them all, but San Antonio's Riverwalk gets my vote for "Best".

My experiances there were all very odd.
ahha.
I felt like I was going to fall in for some odd reason.
But I loved it though.
And wouldnt mind going there once more.

I loved a hotel they had Downtown.
I forgot the name though.

ahha

Old 12-09-2008, 09:44 AM

27,335 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Lol I noticed the stats on Phoenix Az being so tiny...but then, at least they are listed in the poll. Los Angeles isnt even in there. But then, who'd want to go to L.A. anyway, I sure dont know of anything really attractive there. (I voted OKC).

Old 12-10-2008, 07:31 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Lol I noticed the stats on Phoenix Az being so tiny...but then, at least they are listed in the poll. Los Angeles isnt even in there. But then, who'd want to go to L.A. anyway, I sure dont know of anything really attractive there. (I voted OKC).
LOL.. or maybe some of the respondents in the poll LIVE in Phoenix..

My favorite... well, it depends on the season. In the summer, I would pick Seattle and the surrounding areas in Washington. In the winter, I would pick Hilo, or Lihue, on the main island of Hawaii, and Kauai, respectively.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:35 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seastar311 View Post
San Antonio was very nice. I've always wanted to check out Memphis and Nashville, haven't yet.
do it!

my wife and I made this our summer vacation two summers ago - spent 3 nights in memphis and 4 in nashville

had a blast - so much variety of food, entertainment, nature, etc ........ from the distelleries (i loved the dickel property) to battle grounds like stones river to not wanting to leave WC Handy park on a saturday due to the band that was just killing it there

Old 12-11-2008, 08:13 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
I've spent time in all the cities listed, and frankly have no burning desire to return to any of them.

My choices of "cities" to return to would be San Francisco, Calgary, New York, Boston, Vancouver, Seattle, Denver, London, Hamilton (Bermuda), Quebec City, and Paris--not neccesarily in that order.

For vacation I love Napa, Lake Placid, Key West, Epperney, Maui, and a few of the cities I listed above.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:36 PM

279 posts, read 1,013,864 times
Well i choose RANDOM cities that I dont really hear much about. Im from Okc so thats why its on there. Ive been to all of the rest.

Thats the reason those cities are on the poll.

Lol

Old 12-14-2008, 02:18 AM

2,883 posts, read 5,888,756 times
Best cities? For different reasons...

-Vermont was spectacular. Went there in dec/jan a few years ago. It was stunning. No low riders, no cell phones (or I didnt see many), they limit big box stores, no billboards....it was the complete opposite of where I live (so california). I've visited other states that were opposite...but vermont was at the very extreme polar opposite. Went to many nice cities and towns. So I'll include Burlington.

-Most exciting, NYC. Saw most of the big landmarks...empire state building, world trade center (this was in 96), statue of liberty, Rockefeller Center, etc. But could spend another month there

Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, saw a long time ago. So so.

San Francisco would like to get back.

Philadelphia would like to get back (haven't been in 20 years!). Went there when I was like 8 or 9.

DC would like to get back (likewise...20 years, lol).

Chicago, have been twice. But would like to get back, at least go to a Cubs game at Wrigley.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:02 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
None of my favorite cities are up there Honolulu HI, Greensboro NC, Boston MA, Barcelona Spain, and Denpasar (Bali), though of the ones I have visted, San Antonio and Phoenix were a long, long time ago so I do not really remember them well. Knoxville is very nice especially up in the hilly areas of the city and during fall when the leaves are turning and Atlanta, though I have been there several times has never really appealed to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel