Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 04:07 PM

36,412 posts, read 16,020,348 times

Advertisements

I would definitely leave room between us for more comfort!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 02:00 AM

8 posts, read 20,169 times
oh yes, leave the middle seat empty you use the tray table for your drinks, food etc

Old 01-04-2009, 12:50 PM

983 posts, read 4,441,061 times
First of all I would never ask such a personal question of total strangers. It would be none of my business if they are mad at one another, and what am I free in the sky therapy???

But, I would def go for the comfort. Most married people are secure enough that a seat between them isn't going to cause a divorce.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:43 PM

7,364 posts, read 5,478,151 times
This happened to us too. I let my DH have the window seat and I sat on the aisle and we were both happy. Who cares what other people think, comfort comes first when traveling I always say!

Old 01-04-2009, 03:38 PM

563 posts, read 2,569,402 times
I agree with all of the previous posters. Comfort is king here. There is no better feeling than having a window seat and an aisle, use the middle tray table for drinks and stretch and spread and relax. My wife feels the same way. We have even gone as far as to book seats on window and aisle in the hopes no one would show up for the middle seat. Most of the time, the middle seat would be the last to book anyway because no one wants it. And if by chance the person came, my wife would offer her aisle seat and sit in the middle. Who wouldn't pass up a trading the b*tch seat in the middle for an aisle? Works for us. Then I put my armrest up and we have plenty of room sitting next to each other.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:55 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,434,862 times
OK, who says you need to sit on top of you spouse!! That is basically what it is like in economy when you are in the two seats next to each other. Moving over one seat is no big deal and gives you and your space more space. You are still "next" to each other, but actually have some space between for oxygen and elbow room. It isn't like you can't talk to each other because you are sitting two feet away instead of .00004 inches away!

The better question is why would those other people on the plane want to sit virtually on top of each other for several hours when they have an extra seat in their row. Must be newlyweds or something!

Now if somebody else was going to be in the row, I would stick with my husband. It would be odd to have a stranger between us.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:22 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,264,045 times
Default Even more room for us...

Heck, my wife and I travel Transatlantic twice, sometimes three times a year together, and if there were four seats in the middle, and no one showed up, we'd both get isle seats and use the room in the middle for our "junk".

One time coming back from Paris, the entire row was empty, as was the one behind us, we claimed one row each.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:11 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Go for comfort and leave the middle seat open. Nothing says love like added comfort.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:18 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
If there are empty seats then you can do both, a bit of seating together and a bit of stretching out in comfort. You can be both convivial and comfortable, sounds quite ideal to me.

I would prefer to have someone to talk to a bit though as I have never been able to sleep on a plane in my entire life...

Old 01-07-2009, 02:28 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,688,068 times
I love the window seat, thefore sitting together? no problem, and if we both like a window seat
what oh what is the big deal. Anyway being single, it is not too much of a problem, but if I do travel,
we all try to get window etc. Anyway, I love to see the landing from the window. Once a visit to arizon my girlfriend and I both did want window seats we did sit behind each other, and the couple next to me taught me how to play black jack! Yes, and I broke the bank in AZ it was a fun
thing no money, however we both were way ok. I enjoy travel, and meeting people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel