Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 05:08 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,726,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaMarie View Post
Vichel: Please tell us what exactly in Australia is a must see....we want to hear it from someone who lives there..
Depends on what you're into. We've got beaches all over the place. Tropical forests. Deserts and outback. Cities and cute country towns. Fantastic wines and vineyards, and olive groves.

I'm just saying, with the very favourable exchange rate you Americans have, it'd be a good time to come down this way. Problem is, we're a big country, with big distances. You can't expect to see much in 2 weeks. Or 3. But if you focus on an area, you can have fun. Fly to Sydney, see Sydney. Head to the Blue Mountains and the Hunter Valley for some great wines. Maybe up to Queensland. Or down to Melbourne and the Great Ocean Road.

Oh, and I forgot to add to my bucket list ... Africa. Haven't been yet (except to Egypt long time ago), but I won a trip to Southern Africa and we're going in November. That'll be part of my bucket list this year, along with the trip to the US and Canada in May/June. Lots of travelling this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 03:02 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
St John, US Virgin Islands and, even better, a sailing charter starting off in St John and hitting the BVI and all the way to Anegada. Cheers!

Old 02-17-2009, 03:21 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
What a great list. After reviewing this thread, I think I could only add two destinations:

1) New Zealand, particularly the South Island. Milford Sound, the Routebourne, Mt. Cook, the Southern Alps, Te Anau, Kaikoura, the West Coast, Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers and a host of other places. Just amazing vistas at every bend in the road.

2) Somebody mentioned driving across the Golden Gate Bridge. I would offer that walking across the bridge is an even more incredible experience.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:40 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,267,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
What a great list. After reviewing this thread, I think I could only add two destinations:

1) New Zealand, particularly the South Island. Milford Sound, the Routebourne, Mt. Cook, the Southern Alps, Te Anau, Kaikoura, the West Coast, Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers and a host of other places. Just amazing vistas at every bend in the road.

2) Somebody mentioned driving across the Golden Gate Bridge. I would offer that walking across the bridge is an even more incredible experience.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We lived in California 6 years & LOVED IT.
YES...walking across the Golden Gate Bridge is a trip, to say the least. You get 1/2 way across & wonder if you should of attempted this journey.

Traveling to Maui...we took roads that weren't roads. It was an adventure.
Glad were still alive to talk about it. LOL !!!

I will visit all of these wonderful places thru all of your eyes.

My only advice is...travel while you can. Things happen down the road of life, that you have no control of. Due to health issues my traveling days are over with.
It would be nice if some of you could post some of your photos. Would love to see them.

ENJOY PEOPLE...ENJOY.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:08 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
What a wonderful read and I second the posters that say don't wait, just do it! Part of the fun is the research and planning where you want to go next. I've been cruising/traveling since my mid-30's, and I am so glad I did some bigger trips when I was younger (not that 61 is old)! I traveled in my 20's but in the U.S. There's many places I'd like back to plus I haven't been to San Antonio or San Diego.

Australia is high on my list of places to go along with New Zealand definitely and Asia, too, of course. I think everyone should see Alaska, awesome! The Panama Canal is a wonder to behold, too. So many places to see and enjoy!

Old 03-02-2009, 12:44 PM
cjw

125 posts, read 479,986 times
Sillypups, if you want to see Africa, British Columbia, Falkland Islands etc you can look at my pictures. They are here Cindy Wheeler's Photo Galleries at pbase.com Hope you enjoy them.
Here's one from Africa

Old 03-02-2009, 12:48 PM
cjw

125 posts, read 479,986 times
Ooops, that's kind of large. Sorry!

My bucket list has the pyramids and the terra cotta warriors at the top. Some places that I've already scratched off of my bucket list got added back on because I want to go again. Like Italy, Hawaii, Africa. I'm saving the U.S. for when I can take longer road trips.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:08 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,181,171 times

Great pictures - ok part of my bucket list is Cjw - what amazing pics!!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:00 AM

96 posts, read 323,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjw View Post
Ooops, that's kind of large. Sorry!

My bucket list has the pyramids and the terra cotta warriors at the top. Some places that I've already scratched off of my bucket list got added back on because I want to go again. Like Italy, Hawaii, Africa. I'm saving the U.S. for when I can take longer road trips.
So, tell us all how you traveled to Africia? Was it on a tour, or solo? I presume that you didn't just arrive and rent a car? Also like to know a bit about your journey to the pyramids. I've always wondered if you can explore these regions on your own?

Old 07-21-2009, 12:15 PM

295 posts, read 667,473 times
The Taj Mahal is a definite must see. It will leave you speechless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel