Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:42 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,917,817 times

Advertisements

One person in the house was killed as well. Amazingly, two people were able to et out of the house & escape serious injury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 01:15 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,909,470 times
The amount of disinformation the mass media is broadcasting on this is shameful. The amount of speculation they are throwing out, all of which is wrong, even in conversations with their so called 'aviation experts', is appalling. Even the eyewitness accounts are shameful - they say what they saw, which is credible, but to then jump to conclusions like some of them have been doing is disgusting. The only fact we know is that it crashed and people were killed. All this other BS they speculate on cause is disgusting.

Be careful listening to the news on this - the only facts they have is the death toll and time of crash - the speculation on cause needs to stop - they are spreading bold faced lies. There's a reason the NTSB takes so long to do their investigations.

It's a sad, sad day. Remember to take the time for what's important in life. Never take it for granted.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:38 PM

3,063 posts, read 5,216,144 times
Nothing wrong with speculation, as long as it is put forth as such. It's an attempt to put things into perspective and is only a natural response of rational people to try to make sense out of what has been hitherto a senseless tragedy.

I personally appreciate the expert input from the aviation experts. They have a lot of knowledge. Heck their guess is better than mine.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:08 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,909,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Nothing wrong with speculation, as long as it is put forth as such. It's an attempt to put things into perspective and is only a natural response of rational people to try to make sense out of what has been hitherto a senseless tragedy.

I personally appreciate the expert input from the aviation experts. They have a lot of knowledge. Heck their guess is better than mine.
Just letting people know that most of what is being put out is false and misleading. Believe it if you want. The only info to trust is that from the NTSB.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:43 PM

718 posts, read 2,357,805 times
This is just so sad! I don't know if anyone else is like this, but I always think these things happen in threes. First the one in NY, now this one. There was also a "hard landing" today at the London City Airport where a commuter plane's nose gear collapsed. I hope that is the 3rd of the series and we are done for 10 or 15 years,

Old 02-13-2009, 04:28 PM

588 posts, read 2,825,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statefan View Post
First the one in NY, now this one.
Whoa. Buffalo is no longer in New York?!?!

Old 02-13-2009, 05:31 PM

1,396 posts, read 3,433,227 times
Posted 20 minutes ago on CNN..." The pilots of a commuter airliner that crashed late Thursday about 6 miles from a Buffalo, New York, airport discussed "significant ice buildup" on the plane's wings and windshields before the plane plunged to the ground, killing 50."

Search for answers begins in Buffalo plane crash - CNN.com

Thoughts and prayers to the victims, families and friends.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggler View Post
Whoa. Buffalo is no longer in New York?!?!
Thanks, I failed geography! I had a brain fart, ya'll know what I meant!

I'm kinda freakin' out, my husband is flying home from New Zealand soon. These things make me nervous!

Old 02-13-2009, 08:18 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,141,568 times
no no, don't let it stress you about flying. Think how many car accidents happen each day. My daughter flys a lot and well so do I; but when she's out and about driving, I get all worried and stressed. When she flys I never think about it or stress over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statefan View Post
Thanks, I failed geography! I had a brain fart, ya'll know what I meant!

I'm kinda freakin' out, my husband is flying home from New Zealand soon. These things make me nervous!

Old 02-13-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
no no, don't let it stress you about flying. Think how many car accidents happen each day. My daughter flys a lot and well so do I; but when she's out and about driving, I get all worried and stressed. When she flys I never think about it or stress over it.
Any other time, I am fine with it. But it is like I said in an earlier post, once one happens, there are usually more to soon follow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel