Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 09:10 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times

Advertisements

Knowing England they probably quarantined her for six months! :0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 02:49 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
After coming back from vacation and having horrible experiences w/ the airline and a few of the flights (connections bite) a dead body would have been more pleasant than a few of the passangers that were seated behind us the other night. But if I was on a flight and this happened, why not move the entire row of other passangers and let her family sit by her instead of complete strangers. I myself would not want to sit next to a dead body and sure as heck would not want my children to either, but then again she would not be screaming and yelling the obscenities that some fellow passangers were doing on our most recent flight. Nor would she be kicking and beating the back of my seat like it is a drumset . Yes, people die at all times and it has happened on planes before. Heck, years ago we were told that if you were in certain countries and you were getting ready to board and someone was ill or thought they were having a heart attack to hurry up and get them on the plane. Sure they would die on the plane but they probably would have anyway if they were having a serious medical condition in some countries and it would be like pulling teeth to get their body back to the states. Recently, did a passanger on a flight from overseas die and it was not discovered until the plane had landed and everyone got off but that person? I could swear that happened recently. Anyway, anyone else have some beefs w/ US Airways? I sure do !

Old 03-20-2007, 06:17 PM

73 posts, read 403,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
After coming back from vacation and having horrible experiences w/ the airline and a few of the flights (connections bite) a dead body would have been more pleasant than a few of the passangers that were seated behind us....

.... she would not be screaming and yelling the obscenities that some fellow passangers were doing on our most recent flight. Nor would she be kicking and beating the back of my seat like it is a drumset
Amen to that! I'd rather fly on a plane full of dead people than of living ones! (well, now that I imagine a plane FuLL, it kind of creeps me out)
I don't think a dead body is a big deal, though. If there's been some trauma to the body, I guess that could be disturbing.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:25 PM

464 posts, read 752,971 times
My husband just flew home from a business trip first class and the passenger next to him spilled his glass of red wine on him he had 2 hours left on the flight he was not happy. When I showed him the article reg.dead woman he said the same thing as MoMark, would have blown up. They should have put the dead woman next to her daughter, and asked her to try not to wail.
They absolutly should have reimbursed the passenger who had to sit next to the dead woman, great customer service.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:00 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,680,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreof3 View Post
They should have put the dead woman next to her daughter, and asked her to try not to wail.
They absolutly should have reimbursed the passenger who had to sit next to the dead woman, great customer service.

If I ever witnessed anybody requesting somebody in that daughter's unimaginable situation to "try not to wail", it would certainly be a heck of a lot more than a "customer service" issue, for sure!

It would have been worth it to me to flee to the back of the plane somewhere, relinquish my stupid 1st class seat giving them more space, and count my blessings the rest of the flight.

However, the person who told the man to "get over it" should be jobless, and final paycheck docked to reimburse him!

Last edited by Travel'r; 03-21-2007 at 04:45 PM..

Old 03-22-2007, 01:54 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,788,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post

If I ever witnessed anybody requesting somebody in that daughter's unimaginable situation to "try not to wail", it would certainly be a heck of a lot more than a "customer service" issue, for sure!

It would have been worth it to me to flee to the back of the plane somewhere, relinquish my stupid 1st class seat giving them more space, and count my blessings the rest of the flight.

However, the person who told the man to "get over it" should be jobless, and final paycheck docked to reimburse him!
Thank you! Man are people insensitive! I can't believe that someone would be more "horrified" by sitting near a dead body than distressed over the whole situation & sympathetic/empathetic for the daughter! I was thinking the same thing - why didn't the guy go sit in the back? Of course they would reimburse him - what the hell else could they do?
Man are people pathetic...

Old 03-22-2007, 08:16 AM

942 posts, read 2,583,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Thank you! Man are people insensitive! I can't believe that someone would be more "horrified" by sitting near a dead body than distressed over the whole situation & sympathetic/empathetic for the daughter! I was thinking the same thing - why didn't the guy go sit in the back? Of course they would reimburse him - what the hell else could they do?
Man are people pathetic...

I would have to agree, I would of given the crying daughter my seat. How terriable to plan a trip and have your mother die on the plane. I could not even imagine this situation. I too would've been wailing. I wonder if they were getting to there final destination or just started vacationing?? Because than she has to go back with her deceased mom. How sad.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:54 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,621,420 times
Not caring for sitting next to a corpse really has nothing to do with having sympathy/empathy for the daughter. We've all lost loved ones, and I'm sure most of those on that flight felt bad for the daughter. It certainly wasn't her fault, or her mother's that this tragedy happened. It's always horrible to lose someone, no matter what the circumstances. But, I still stand by my original statement, that these airlines need to have a plan in place, when such things happen, as they most obviously must, given how many flights there are every day, all over the world.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:42 AM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,784,224 times
Quote:
MoMark However...how the heck do you deal with a person who dies after the plane takes off? From what I read, they tried to keep her in her original seat, but she kept sliding to the floor even with the seatbelt on.
Oh, my gosh, I shouldn't laugh, but I had to. (Having worked in a morgue, I got used to dead bodies..... ) Not much I can add to what's already been said. Maybe there should be a thread of "Oddities in the World..."

Old 04-08-2007, 11:24 AM

341 posts, read 1,486,955 times
If they'd stashed her in the loo or in the overhead SOMEONE would have complained. Can't please everyone! (lol) Besides...she DID buy her ticket yanno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel