Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 05:53 PM

111 posts, read 435,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I've NEVER seen anyone in the back of the plane be able to get up to the front before anyone else. It has always been row by row and only. The only time I've EVER seen anyone let someone behind them go ahead of them is if the person in front has a lot of stuff or several family members and someone right behind them is solo and has their stuff in their hands. Other than that of the umpteen flights I've been on no one in the back is getting off sooner unless they are using the door on the back of the plane as well.
I'm not saying that you're lying. I'm going by my own experiences recently. I used to fly a lot with my parents when I was younger, but then I got to where I couldn't travel so much. Then about 5 years ago, I was able to start traveling some again, usually 2 trips a year, which means at least 4 flights. On my last trip, to Vegas in November, I was in the back of the plane both ways, 19A on the way out and 21F on the way home, and I was one of the first 10 people off the plane and I didn't bully my way through the crowd or anything like that. At the same time though, I usually just put my carry-on under the seat and not overhead. Maybe that makes a difference, maybe it doesn't, but you aren't going to tell me that I'm wrong when I know what happened. Will it happen to everybody? No. Will it happen on my next flight? Probably not. It did happen then though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel