Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 PM

80 posts, read 277,509 times

Advertisements

The city of Myrtle Beach let it be known that they no longer want the bikers or their money in their city limits.....I've talked with several bar, restaurant & motel owners & they don't agree with their city council AT ALL !....They will be losing out on tons of $$$$$$... It seems that all the neighboring communities up & down the 60 mile + long Grand Strand have no problem & pretty much welcome the bikers & all their $$$$$$ with open arms....This May is Spring Bike Week& it seems that routes have been set up for everyone to avoid the actual City of Myrtle Beach, & still be able to enjoy the ride. A lot of rumors have sprung over the last year & I've talked to quite a few people that changed their plans, thinking that the whole bike rally was canceled...IT'S NOT !!! ...It would be good to get the real story out about the situation if anyone knows any details or has anything to add to help get the story straight.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 08:34 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,123,432 times
I lived in Myrtle Beach for awhile and I can tell you I HATE Bike week; which really extends into Bike Month or longer. I mean it was awful! The noise alone drove me BaTtY but the traffic gets outrageous!!!
The first year after moving when May rolled around, we had a huge sigh of relief and great joy that we were away from the mess.
But hey-I no longer live there so anyone who does and benefits from it---go for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel