Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 11:07 AM

83 posts, read 195,096 times

Advertisements

I am looking to go on vacation somewhere from Virginia to Vermont(No NJ or NY). Does anyone have any ideas of a good place for 4-5 20 year olds to go to. I was thinking about Busch Gardens, I have never been there and do not know what to expect. We are looking for a relaxed comfortable environment that is not to expensive. Please let me know about things to do in your area and places to stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 11:17 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times
How many days - what kind of scene (urban, rural, mid sized, both) - aside from theme parks what kind of interests (zoos, museums, sports, etc)

why rule out NJ & NY (especially NY which is a massive state)

Old 04-15-2009, 11:37 AM

It would be a weekend vacation from fri-sun most likely. No NY or NJ because i've lived in both states in different sections from the north to south so i'd like to get out and explore some new states.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:39 AM

where are you starting from - driving?

Old 04-15-2009, 12:11 PM

central new jersey. were looking for either a city or smaller city but nothing to boring. hopefully with things in walking distance. we are not all 21 so we can't get into all the bars but we'd like to do something fun like that even clubs or such.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:49 PM

I went to college in philly and we'd often take little weekend trips - although quite a few of them were to just party at other colleges or camping

One itinerary I think that could be fun is to wakeup early and make a drive to hershey park & spend a day there - maybe catch a concert of something at night - could swing by pottsville on the way over and tour the yuengling brewery (U21 can tour, but can only sample root beer)

Then swing down to baltimore - there are a lot of neat attractions to see, the food is really good and the inner harbor can be fun - camden yards is worth checking out if baseball fans - spend all day saturday & saturday night there

Catch a good breakfast and hang around the city a bit on sunday morning - start to head home - maybe find a beach on the way to kill some time in the sun or swing into philly for a quick meal

other trips we enjoyed were going to DC (would usually stay outside the city and take the metro in to save $$$)

busch gardens is nice, VA beach, etc - however, you'll be adding in a lot more time in the car - about another 2 - 2 1/2 hours past DC

Old 04-15-2009, 06:19 PM

327 posts, read 1,050,680 times
i know you said no nj but i heard bloomfield is really nice...large gay community if your into that

Old 04-15-2009, 08:43 PM

listen you crack fiend if this computer wasnt in my way i would come through and fight you to the death.

Finger Lake take you for the advice another option i was thinking was ocean city maryland.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:33 PM

ocean city is fun - if you do that I would still swing by baltimore - not all that much to look at, but you can have a good time without going broke

Old 04-16-2009, 12:32 PM

1,123 posts, read 5,332,190 times
Trying not to be biased here, but Busch Gardens really is a beautiful theme park (voted the most beautiful for years). Plus you have Williamsburg close by. You can park, shop and walk around for free or pay admission to enter the buildings. There is alot of reasonable hotels and dining right outside of Colonial Williamsburg.

I used to go to Ocean City as a child, but have not been in years. We also liked Hershey Park.

Of course there is DC, but it is best to stay in the suburbs and take metro downtown. All the museums are free in DC, and if you have never been to the Holocost Museum, it is a very memorable experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel