Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to travel to areas effected by the swine flu outbreak?
Yes, when it's my day to go, I'm going to go. 15 40.54%
Yes, but not if it continues to worsten. 6 16.22%
No, it's not worth risking it. I can go elsewhere. 16 43.24%
I've already baracaded myself inside my house. Stay away. 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:24 PM

13,366 posts, read 28,606,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post

I just looked over on the webcams. Looks PERFECT there right now. There were people out at the pools and on the beach. Just think, this time tomorrow you will be there

Live Cabo San Lucas Webcams at Villa del Arco Resort
I know I can't wait
But you will be going this summer right??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 01:27 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,692,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I know I can't wait
But you will be going this summer right??
Trying to. Right now I can't get a 2 bedroom in Cabo for anything. They are all booked. I'm trying to use my timeshare. We procrastinate a wee too much . If not then hubby and I are going to try and go in October. Sometime around the 13th for Sammy's B-Day party concert

Have fun and take care. You will have a blast. I love that place. Just the two of you now and some of the crowds have thinned out so it will be nice and quiet. If you get a chance go ride the ATV's or dune buggies.

Have a safe trip

Old 05-05-2009, 09:58 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,688,825 times
Did I answer this? The answer is NOooooooo.

The Mexican govt. asked that businesses to close over the weekend. Last Friday (the 30th and yesterday, the 4th) were holidays. So really, they asked for a day extra for restaurants and bars to close so that crowds did not gather. Further, this was in Mexico City. The only closure I know of in Cancun was Coco Bongo, a nightclub that is notoriously packed at night. Search the web, look at webcams, Playa is as busy as ever.

Such a huge disservice the American media does. Has poor people like you thinking the entire country shut down. Can you imagine the entire US shutting down? That's the equivalent. Mexico is as large if not larger than the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anr_black View Post
Just read on a couple blogs that the Mexican govt. ordered all bars and restuarants in Cancun, Playa and Cozumel closed today, if they have a capacity of 80 people...what does that mean? Larger places are closed, and smaller open? or everything closed? Anyone know???

Old 05-05-2009, 09:59 AM

mom, as far as I can tell the flights were to Cancun and yes they cancelled TONS of flights, having people scurrying to other airlines. The only stable airlines to Cancun right now are Frontier and American. United cancelled flights to Cancun for the ENTIRE month of May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
njkate,
I just read on my local news where Continental is cutting some of their flights to Mexico starting on Monday. They are going to use smaller planes and less of them but they are still going.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:22 AM

287 posts, read 1,082,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
mom, as far as I can tell the flights were to Cancun and yes they cancelled TONS of flights, having people scurrying to other airlines. The only stable airlines to Cancun right now are Frontier and American. United cancelled flights to Cancun for the ENTIRE month of May.
Thanks for the reply about bars/restuarants being closed. I figured as much

And we're flying into Cancun on Friday on Northwest...as far as I know, they and Delta are still booking flights, and nothing's cancelled.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:04 AM

Good to know about your flights, I forgot about those airlines. I know United cancelled for May, US Air had a bunch, and Continental too. Where are you staying? We are at Aventura Mexicana.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:56 AM

287 posts, read 1,082,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
Good to know about your flights, I forgot about those airlines. I know United cancelled for May, US Air had a bunch, and Continental too. Where are you staying? We are at Aventura Mexicana.

We're staying at a friend's place.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:08 PM

Well, lucky you!

My (full) American flight cancelled yesterday, got another one easily w/shorter flight time. Be sure to keep a good eye on your flight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel