Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 05:27 PM

653 posts, read 3,408,831 times

Advertisements

Curious...opinions welcome. What is the Best and the Worst Airline for domestic travel. I say the best is Frontier. The worst is Northwest!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 09:18 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times
I usually fly American or Southwest (usually the cheapest from Phoenix). There really isn't a particular airline I won't fly; all of them seem the same to me.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:31 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Years ago we boycotted Continental for awhile when they almost bumped us (we had a 15 month old at the time.)
But there is no particular airline we either favor or especially dislike.
I love Frontier (especially their breakfast burritos!) but have had okay experiences on Northwest, too.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:15 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,748,958 times
Default Airline Story

Mother-in-law flew Delta from Oregon to Toronto. She arrived on time, but half her luggage didn't. Delta in Toronto took our phone number and sent her other 2 bags 150 miles to our door by private courier the next day. Fairly impressive.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:48 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
I could not get my husband on a US Airways plane now for anything. After our most recent trip they are the worst customer service business I have ever experienced. If I could have found us a flight back home on another airline he would have paid for it to keep from flying them. And the flights back home were not any better.

Still need to stop and write that letter

Old 04-19-2007, 09:39 AM

769 posts, read 2,220,419 times
I find it interesting how some people seem to have multiple bad experiences with a particular airline, while others have great experiences. For example, I had a boss who said he'd fire me if I ever booked him on Frontier because the 2 times he flew with them they lost his luggage. So when I booked with them I was a bit apprehensive - first time in my life that a flight actually took off on time - and they never lost my luggage any of the other times I flew them.

On the other hand, I've flown American 3 times, and 2 of those were nightmares!!

Old 04-19-2007, 07:04 PM

5,764 posts, read 11,373,540 times
Fortunately I don't have to travel any more for job related trips, so any air travel for me is on vacation time. In former jobs that required frequent air travel, I avoided Northwest, a.k.a. "the worlds largest unscheduled airline". US Air left me stranded a couple of times by canceling flights that were less than half full. They didn't help much in getting a replacement flight either, really put me through a tedious ordeal to find a way home. Never had any major gripes with the other well known carriers in the US.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:25 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,535,238 times
I always hated flying that airline who's aircraft has those funny grey-and-green colors, no windows in the passenger compartment and you have to sit facing backwards or sideways...

Old 04-26-2007, 05:21 PM

112 posts, read 716,707 times
Thumbs down Southwest

I now refuse to fly Southwest after they cancelled our flight and were unable to get us on another flight in a reasonable amount of time, forcing us to cancel a vacation that had been planned for months. The airline refunded all the money, but we were unable to get refunds on everything, including the hotel, and I had tickets to the Tonight Show with Jay Leno that went to waste as well. We also don't stay at the Ramada because they were unwilling to refund us when we found out that there was not going to be any way possible for us to make it to Los Angeles and check in. This was in December, and the fight with Ramada is still ongoing. Southwest is typically the cheapest fairs from my area, but I would rather pay a little extra to be treated like its important that I get to where I'm planning on going, rather than being pushed aside and told to bad as passengers on later southwest flights walk by to check in for their flights.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:21 PM

364 posts, read 527,258 times
Default Similar positive experience..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
Mother-in-law flew Delta from Oregon to Toronto. She arrived on time, but half her luggage didn't. Delta in Toronto took our phone number and sent her other 2 bags 150 miles to our door by private courier the next day. Fairly impressive.
I was once flying from Pensacola, Florida home to Detroit, Michigan for Thanksgiving. Luggage was "misplaced" but was driven to my Grandmothers house into the burbs 1 or so hours away also by the next day. And the gentlemen who did it... did it was a nice on his face. Props!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel