Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 01:31 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times

Advertisements

I could care less about the small talk. Even in first class you get the FA's who hide in that little cubicle in front, reading entertainment magazines. Just bring me a damn beer and I'm happy!

It's inconsistent, you get some that are cheerful, some that actually seem to hate their job. The latter seems to grow more in proportion every day. But I don't care - just bring me a damn beer, you don't have to smile or say any thing, just get off that cubicle jump seat once an hour at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 04:00 AM

4 posts, read 12,492 times
It would be nice if they were more courteous, but there are many possibilities as to why they were not very social with you. My guess is that if they were proficient in doing their job, they were just in the middle of something when you started the conversation. Maybe they received bad news from the pilot, like engine trouble? There are a million possibilities.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:38 PM

325 posts, read 787,642 times
I would expect flight attendants to be pleasant and if they don't like their job, they can quit. Whatever personal (non-plane safety) issues they have need to be put aside when they are on the plane and there are no "breaks" when you are in the air - you are always "on duty." Wow, I do not believe the responses on here. The transportation industry is a service industry where you deal with the public on a constant basis so, yes, it is in your job description to be nice to the public (not necessarily bubbly, but at least professional). Of course, your priority is keeping the passengers safe, but honestly how long does that take outside of rare crises situations?

Of course, nobody is perfect and will slip from time to time, but generally speaking flight attendants need to at least be professional to the passengers.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:44 AM

436 posts, read 954,488 times
US Airways is horrible. The worst one of them all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel