U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:24 PM
NCN NCN started this thread

21,142 posts, read 23,037,363 times

Advertisements

Decide where you want to go and what you want to do when you get there.
Now tell us about it, please.

You don't actually have to tell us about taking the vacation, but how you are planning it.

I will be joining you in the planning later.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 10:26 AM

6,637 posts, read 6,784,889 times
It is quite simple for me. For my dream vacation all I need is a rental car, 200 dollars per day for expenses, and three weeks in Sept to spend driving around Montana. The rest will just fall into place as it happens.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:14 PM

25,710 posts, read 25,178,975 times
My dream vacation? There are a few but I'll share one 'dream' with you. Remember, its just a dream, but...
New Orleans. I wanna see what all the fuss is about.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:02 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,633,104 times
My dream vacation would be to go away for a week or so to a nice resort in a warm climate, rest, read and then the real dream part....

to come home to a house that was spotless and had rich garden beds ready for planting. No dog hair anywhere, no dust, no nose prints on the glass doors, all laundry done and put away, etc.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:16 PM

5,165 posts, read 5,553,309 times
Not my "dream" vacation. But a big one-- we just started planning for Spain. Looking at Madrid and Valencia. If anyone has some pointers feel free to let me know.
We Definitely want to experience the Wine so pointers in that direction would be great as well.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:48 PM

24 posts, read 99,788 times
I wanna go to California, specially CA coast.... beaches, palms, sun, waves... mmm

Old 07-31-2009, 01:15 PM

13,801 posts, read 23,290,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grom View Post
I wanna go to California, specially CA coast.... beaches, palms, sun, waves... mmm
How funny - I was born and raised here 4 minutes from the beach in Southern California, but I always long to return and plan vacations anchored to the Dalmatian coast. The water here in the Pacific is like swimming in the sewer compared to the Adriatic Sea. So clean and clear, so blue...

http://www.nekretnine365.com/nekretn...drvenik03v.jpg

Old 07-31-2009, 01:21 PM

24 posts, read 99,788 times
Well, different types of taste..

Here we have very nice beaches, but I wanna travel and see some really different seaside area.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:01 PM

21 posts, read 46,539 times
Let's see ... Leave from NYC - to ... I want the shortest distance over water... British Isles - rent a cottage for a week or so to travel through Ireland - from Dublin to Ballycotton then along Eastern coastline from Cork to Limerick and villages in between - then on to England - before hitting the Continent where we'd rent an apartment for a few weeks in Germany to use as a base to do day trips. We'd end up in Greece - the Islands - the beautiful Aegean Sea - traveling along the coast line of Creta to the village of Irapetra --- sigh --- then connect with a longer cruise home.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:51 PM
NCN NCN started this thread

21,142 posts, read 23,037,363 times
All the above for me. They all sound good. I especially like the one about Montana. The pictures I have seen made in Montana are just breath-taking. Thank you all for posting and others follow if you wish. I was just looking for ideas and forgot I even started the thread. You did good while I was off dreaming my own dreams. I just want to get in the car and drive for at least a month. After two weeks I usually change my mind about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel