U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 11:23 PM

390 posts, read 1,564,334 times

Advertisements

I need ideas. I'd like to go out of the country but looking at prices (especially Europe it seems prohibitive). I want to spend less than $800 for air and hotel. Looking to stay 4 days 3 night or 5 days 4 nights. I will be traveling from Atlanta. I'm tired of waiting on my girlfriends to decide to go anyway. I miss out because of this. My travel dates are 9/23 through the end of september. I wouldn't mind a spa retreat either but don't know where to begin looking. Wish I could find a travel partner to Europe to bring down the cost.

Ideas on places to visit?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 02:18 AM

6,667 posts, read 9,427,169 times
Nassau, Bahamas
Cancun, Mexico
Punta Cana, DR
etc. etc.

I always travel solo but I'm a guy.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:50 AM

14,918 posts, read 25,519,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcharm View Post
I need ideas. I'd like to go out of the country but looking at prices (especially Europe it seems prohibitive). I want to spend less than $800 for air and hotel. Looking to stay 4 days 3 night or 5 days 4 nights. I will be traveling from Atlanta. I'm tired of waiting on my girlfriends to decide to go anyway. I miss out because of this. My travel dates are 9/23 through the end of september. I wouldn't mind a spa retreat either but don't know where to begin looking. Wish I could find a travel partner to Europe to bring down the cost.

Toronto or Montreal could be had in your budget. Listen to the Clark Howard show on WSB-AM in Atlanta listening for the best airfare deals out of ATL or BHM.

Priceline the hotels in Toronto and Montreal (3* for $50 or less). Stay in the city centres and you'll avoid the cost of rental cars.

Even with the travel partner, you'll have a heck of a time finding that cheap a fare to Europe (including taxes).

You may also consider Vancouver as there have been some cheap fares to YVR out of ATL.

Hope that helps.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Toronto or Montreal could be had in your budget. Listen to the Clark Howard show on WSB-AM in Atlanta listening for the best airfare deals out of ATL or BHM.

Priceline the hotels in Toronto and Montreal (3* for $50 or less). Stay in the city centres and you'll avoid the cost of rental cars.

Even with the travel partner, you'll have a heck of a time finding that cheap a fare to Europe (including taxes).

You may also consider Vancouver as there have been some cheap fares to YVR out of ATL.

Hope that helps.
thanks! I am really considering Montreal. Have you been? What are some exciting things to do?

Old 08-27-2009, 01:37 PM

3,871 posts, read 15,918,079 times
My first resource is always TripAdvisor, where real travelers report their real impressions of everywhere in the world. And they rate hotels and B&Bs by reviewers' ratings, and also list prices.

For an American, Montreal is the very next-best thing to going to Europe. Here's the first page for Montreal, Quebec:
Montreal Vacations, Tourism and Montreal, Canada Travel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Old 08-27-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
My first resource is always TripAdvisor, where real travelers report their real impressions of everywhere in the world. And they rate hotels and B&Bs by reviewers' ratings, and also list prices.

For an American, Montreal is the very next-best thing to going to Europe. Here's the first page for Montreal, Quebec:
Montreal Vacations, Tourism and Montreal, Canada Travel Reviews - TripAdvisor
I love tripadvisor too. I am going to check out the page. I am pretty sold on Montreal once it was suggested. Like you said it is the next best thing to going to Europe. Now if I can get a flight for less than $559.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:05 PM

14,918 posts, read 25,519,697 times
Quote:
thanks! I am really considering Montreal. Have you been? What are some exciting things to do?
Check the other link and ask specific questions and I will take a stab at them.

It is about the closest you will come to Europe in North America.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:06 AM

7 posts, read 12,104 times
Hi! Come to us to Ekaterinburg! We will show you all local sights!

Old 08-30-2009, 12:10 PM

24,671 posts, read 62,108,651 times
Have you thought about a Caribbean cruise? I did lots of them solo and had a great time - and they have spas on board, too. Not expensive, either - excellent value!

Old 08-30-2009, 05:17 PM

628 posts, read 680,714 times
Quote:

Come to Belgium only 80 minutes by train to Paris

Visit Belgium Home

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or