U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:20 AM

15,370 posts, read 36,106,781 times

Advertisements

Lived in France for 2 1/2 yrs a long time ago.....there was NOT a country in Europe I didn't love....but as an American GI.....I felt that I received the VERY b est treatment by the locals in Belgium and Netherlands[Belgium MAY have changed a bit since there is now an American Military presence there](we don't seem to leave the greatest impression sometimes)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 02:01 PM

1,465 posts, read 3,854,721 times
Corsica & Malta.
Good seafood and Stunning scenery!

Old 10-20-2007, 06:19 PM

283 posts, read 1,299,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
Well, being I was born and raised in Germany I prefer Germany of course !

France I lived close by and every time we went there it was dirty and stinky, no thank you! lol

Had proberty in Itali, and loved it there !
Spain was awsome too
Russia,, well it was good, to see ..... not going back again

Ive seen a lot, and miss it, but to live in Germany again I dont know, been a long time !
What was wrong with Russia? I want to know because I am planning my trip for next year and Russia was on the list. But now I may not want to go.....

Old 10-20-2007, 07:06 PM

281 posts, read 1,245,197 times
The countries in Europe are all so different... it is clearly impossible to pick a favourite. I couldn't even tell you my favourite place in Germany (love the peaceful walks at north sea islands Sylt beaches as much as the tradition, people and food of the southern state Bavaria).

I like all larger European cities as well: Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Lissabon, Rome. Plus the mountains and the ticino area in Switzerland. Plus the picturesce south of France. Plus the beaches, people and wines in Spain. Plus, plus, plus...

And honestly, it would be impossible for you to give me an answer as well... assuming I would ask the same question about the US. (with a diversity range from Alaska to Hawaii)

Old 10-20-2007, 07:40 PM

1,465 posts, read 3,854,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
What was wrong with Russia? I want to know because I am planning my trip for next year and Russia was on the list. But now I may not want to go.....
there is nothing with Russia, I was there a few years ago. Be aware of crime just as if you were in the US.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:03 AM

53 posts, read 115,796 times
I have a Danish friend (sofus) whom I have to meet in my cousins in Narbonne (in the south of France) I would like go to see it well one day and what I like it's Amsterdam they have a very good grass!lol , Toulouse, Colmar and baal... hhhummm there is too much in fact!
And in a few months I go to New York, can be that I will add it with my list!!

++!

p.s: sorry for my english :-/

Old 10-21-2007, 09:20 AM

85 posts, read 232,855 times
Thumbs up Spain!!

Spain! Beautiful culture, weather and of course people! Ok, ok I was born there so I am a bit biased...LOL

Old 10-24-2007, 07:47 AM

5,033 posts, read 4,728,824 times
I loved austria ; we were in Salzberg around Christmas and the markets were just great.

I also love venice ; like NY, there is only one Venice.

Cant wait to bring my kids to the continent. They were in London this year and loved it.

d

Old 11-24-2007, 04:31 PM

35 posts, read 152,102 times
Greece, great weather, beaches, history, feta cheese and kalamata olives!

Old 11-26-2007, 11:30 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,369,375 times
Where in Russia did you go? There's crime everywhere. Did you experience something bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
there is nothing with Russia, I was there a few years ago. Be aware of crime just as if you were in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel