Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 10:32 PM

271 posts, read 1,667,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Any hotel with a Bell Captain will store anything you have, either before check-in or after check-out. There may be a charge and you should also tip per bag. I've done it frequently when at seminars that end in the middle of the day. I check out after breakfast, which they appreciate for giving them time to clean the room, then pick up my bags when I leave for the airport.
What is a Bell Captain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 07:21 PM

111 posts, read 435,364 times
I've always shown up early at hotels early because of the time of day I like to fly and have only been turned down for early check-in once and that was just because they were apparently short-handed that day. Every other time, I've never had a problem getting my room early and I'm not just talking an hour or 2 early. With the typical check-in time being at 3pm, I've been showing up at 10 or 11 am and still getting the room.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:07 AM

2 posts, read 2,526 times
The Motel and very few hotels here in San Diego charge you a early check in fee. Doesn't matter if they have room or not they make sure they get their money. Lol

Old 10-19-2015, 04:43 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho-79 View Post
What is a Bell Captain?
Bell services. The people who handle bags in hotels.

I'm guessing that the OP is staying at either the Courtyard by the Naval Yard or the Holiday Inn off the Schuylkill just north of the stadium. Either of them will hold the bag at no charge, although you should plan on tipping a few bucks to the person who takes it and then retrieves it for you.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:59 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,708,981 times
That advice would have been helpful over five years ago when this was originally posted.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:30 AM

4,213 posts, read 4,736,940 times
Just a quick note:

I requested an early check in one month in advance. The hotel confirmed it via email.

When I got to this hotel at 11:00 am they said my room would not be available until 3 pm. I asked them "Why, when I have confirmation of an early check in for 10:00 am?"

Their response was that check in meant checking into the hotel, not the room specifically. That I could 'check in' and leave my baggage up front but could not go into the room until 3 pm. But this was in Rome so....yeah.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:42 PM

32,915 posts, read 36,310,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
That advice would have been helpful over five years ago when this was originally posted.
Details, details.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:45 PM

32,915 posts, read 36,310,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Just a quick note:

I requested an early check in one month in advance. The hotel confirmed it via email.

When I got to this hotel at 11:00 am they said my room would not be available until 3 pm. I asked them "Why, when I have confirmation of an early check in for 10:00 am?"

Their response was that check in meant checking into the hotel, not the room specifically. That I could 'check in' and leave my baggage up front but could not go into the room until 3 pm. But this was in Rome so....yeah.
That's happened to me in the states. Check in and free to use all facilities: gym, pool, restrooms, whatever.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:59 PM

1,962 posts, read 2,706,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho-79 View Post
Hey guys. I'm going to see U2 in concert in Philly next summer. I recently booked two nights at a hotel outside Lincoln Financial Field. I fly in on June 19, and fly out on June 21. June 20 is the day of the concert, and I'll be at the stadium all day doing General Admission.

I'd like to do some sightseeing the day before the concert. So I'm going to take an early-morning flight, and arrive in Philly early in the afternoon.

Can a hotel allow a guest to check in early in this case?

If I can't check into my hotel early- Where could I stash my luggage so that I can go sightseeing without lugging something around with me?

I can only take off from work those three days- so I'm in a real dilemma.

Do you guys have any advice for me? What do you think I should do?
So ... How was the concert? Did you get early check-in? Don't leave us dangling!

Old 10-24-2015, 06:45 AM

48 posts, read 36,435 times
If you ring them up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel