Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 03:10 AM

476 posts, read 1,134,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Wonder where you can find the inverse with aggressive women throwing themselves at you
Any 55+ community ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 06:46 AM

2 posts, read 2,443 times
I am from Napoli, but have lived in London for 15 years, I am now 18. Whenever I go back to Napoli I find that some of the men are weird and annoying but when I tell them no they listen, it must be because I'm italian. I've stopped walking around at night time on my own because I got robbed by a group of men! But luckily the Carabinieri were driving past at the time and stopped it from going any further. I now live in Napoli again and my boyfriend (who is napolitano himself) won't let me go out alone and I don't even go to certain areas. Napoli is actually very dangerous I would say the most dangerous part of italy. And I don't think tourists should even come here.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Your post reminds me of my first trip to Italy as a young cute blonde many MANY moons ago! Started in Rome. There was a little harrassment (probably flirtation in their eyes) but not too bad. The farther south the worse it was. I remember Naples and Sorrento very well. Not just being followed and the catcalls, but literally being grabbed by men. My girlfriends and I memorized some Italian phrase, can't recall it but basically "Get your hands off of me!" Another poster mentioned Greece, that was our next stop, and while men were "attentive" it was nothing like Italy.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:11 PM

Just realized the OP was from 2010! Hope she got out OK!

Old 03-13-2013, 12:55 AM

601 posts, read 758,788 times
well first thing is first. Youre in their country not yours. Learning how to understand what theyre saying might be first thing you should have tried doing before going there.

Drop your sense of entitlement. Dont go to a country expecting thing to go the same they do back home. You have no right to go into their country and judge their ways.

GO HOME if this isnt for you

Old 03-13-2013, 07:17 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
The first three words that anyone considering visiting any country should learn are "No" and "Go Away."

In Italian it would be "No" and "Vai Via."

The next words a tourist needs to know are the local translations for "Excuse me, do you speak __Insert language you are inquiring about here__", "Please," "thank you," "Where is the bathroom?" and "Is service included?"

Old 03-22-2013, 07:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,443 times
Every country and the people in it are different, the culture is different and I hate it when tourists come to my country and complain, if you don't like it vaf*******!!

Old 03-22-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolitana94 View Post
Every country and the people in it are different, the culture is different and I hate it when tourists come to my country and complain, if you don't like it vaf*******!!
Hey. I won't complain about flirting or the culture in general (I loved Italy), but you grab any part of my body uninvited I'm going to stop you.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:29 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
well first thing is first. Youre in their country not yours. Learning how to understand what theyre saying might be first thing you should have tried doing before going there.

Drop your sense of entitlement. Dont go to a country expecting thing to go the same they do back home. You have no right to go into their country and judge their ways.

GO HOME if this isnt for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolitana94 View Post
I agree about it being annoying when tourists complain about local culture but being manhandled or sexually harassed by a local should NEVER be tolerated.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:41 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Wonder where you can find the inverse with aggressive women throwing themselves at you
Oh I know some places, and have been at the receiving end of it.....thing is these type of girls are working, and after what is in your wallet. Try Shanghai for starts.

As for Naples, it's the armpit of Italy anyways. I wouldn't travel there except to change trains or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel