Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 05:08 AM

11 posts, read 21,722 times

Advertisements

Travelling- Isn't it amazing? You learn so many things on the way. When I try to decide which my favorite place is I find it quite hard. Every place has got its own uniqueness. I love this world- Let's keep an eye on it, shell we? We don't have another one (world) and we want to keep on enjoying it Take care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,512 times
Default I totally agree with you

I totally agree with you. Sometime I get so depressed seeing the amount of garbage produced on our world. The western world knows to hide it better than the third world. You can see it accumulating more and more and it is so frustrating really to watch all these pretty corners getting ugly, not to mention skyscrapers being built on top of green areas and chasing them away from us. Anyway, I'm trying to do my best and I keep on looking for nice places to see. I get the impression you know quite many places. I'll be happy to hear about the nicest ones. Thanks

Old 02-17-2010, 10:06 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,380,275 times
I agree. I've been to completely different cultures and all are interesting in a unique way. The most interesting and different from what I'm used to was Uganda.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:06 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,853,608 times
Almost any place on Earth has its own beauty.

I used to travel a lot because the job required it.
Now (retired) I am am really apprehensive of getting anywhere by plane.

So those of you who still can do it,
do so and enjoy what is still there,
but maybe not there soon ....

Old 02-17-2010, 11:23 AM

We are also retired and travel every chance we get.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:07 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,853,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
We are also retired and travel every chance we get.
I did not state that we did not travel anymore. Just doing it by commercial plane is not an appetizing thing anymore.
I need a wheel chair, and crutches to get around (war related injuries), and it was awful the last time we traveled by air. Those dingbats even swiped the wheel chair that was owned by the airport to check for bomb residue. Because I have pins in my hips, they about did an autopsy on me (it felt like it).
Nope, I am done with any commercial airline anywhere in the world. BTW, I do not blame the airlines !!!

Living in the USA, does not need plane travel to see so much we have not seen yet.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
I did not state that we did not travel anymore. Just doing it by commercial plane is not an appetizing thing anymore.
I need a wheel chair, and crutches to get around (war related injuries), and it was awful the last time we traveled by air. Those dingbats even swiped the wheel chair that was owned by the airport to check for bomb residue. Because I have pins in my hips, they about did an autopsy on me (it felt like it).
Nope, I am done with any commercial airline anywhere in the world. BTW, I do not blame the airlines !!!

Living in the USA, does not need plane travel to see so much we have not seen yet.
I can understand your distaste for flying. It's difficult enough w/o needing anything special.

I used to find flying exciting, now it's a just a means to get where I want to go, unless we've upgraded to business class - then I enjoy my flight!

Yes, living in the US there is a lot to see that doesn't require flying. I can travel around Scotland by car, or get to London by train, but otherwise it's a plane or two or three.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:03 AM

11 posts, read 21,722 times
Default I love travelling

Well I believe everybody's got his own preferences and if somebody from one reason or another doesn't like flying he can still enjoy visiting places that can be reached by roadways. Anyway, in case you do like flying I can recommend you on Lastminutetravel.com web site (I use it quite a lot), especially if you like booking your air tickets quite close to the date of your flight, furthermore- sometimes you can find there very cheap packages (flights+hotels). As for you yankinscotland, you could take a ferryboat between England and France, couldn't you? Ferries are another option. I actually quite like ferries J

Old 02-19-2010, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evala View Post
Well I believe everybody's got his own preferences and if somebody from one reason or another doesn't like flying he can still enjoy visiting places that can be reached by roadways. Anyway, in case you do like flying I can recommend you on Lastminutetravel.com web site (I use it quite a lot), especially if you like booking your air tickets quite close to the date of your flight, furthermore- sometimes you can find there very cheap packages (flights+hotels). As for you yankinscotland, you could take a ferryboat between England and France, couldn't you? Ferries are another option. I actually quite like ferries J
I live in Scotland, not England, but yes I could take a ferry to the continent but it costs tons more than flying. I take a ferry just to go shopping and often take ferries to visit Scottish islands - I like them too. Also take a ferry to Ireland.

My family are all in the US so I fly there twice a year. Also visit family in Australia and friends in Uganda. All of which take planes as by boat would be just toooooo long. New Zealand is on our future agenda as well.

I generally use Expedia or the Emirates site to book as we always like to book well in advance.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evala View Post
Quite a lot of journeys- sound lovely By the way I've been in Scotland- very pretty Another web site I often use is Easyclicktravel.com, as it is very reliable and as far as my experience tells me cheaper too.
Where did you visit in Scotland? Did you make it to any of the islands. No one ever seems to go to the islands due to the travel time. It's a gorgeous country. Now, if it just had better weather.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel