Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 08:01 AM

698 posts, read 1,012,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post

And then we'd also like to go back to Italy, and see the southern half this time.
We live here in the southern half. And despite the fact that we LOVE to travel, we are perfectly content to stay right here in our little villa. It is truly la dolce vita....went to the Thursday morning market yesterday....bought fresh cheeses, olives, fresh fruits...cherries, melons, tomatoes, bread, and a bouquet of fresh flowers. On the walk home, stopped for an expresso with my Italian neighbors, chatted and mostly laughed awhile, later enjoyed dinner on the terrace under a clear starlit sky, we live atop a mountain overlooking the Mediterranean. Today I awoke to clear blue skies, birds singing, clean fresh breezes through our bedroom patio door, Italian neighbor singing.
If there is a heaven, this has to be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 12:17 AM

10,149 posts, read 15,844,193 times
Would love to visit Yellowstone again, beautiful scenery, just an amazing place. When I went it was a few years after the big fires so some of the forests were actually barren but it was still beautiful overall. It will be back in its full splendor now. Also really want to go to the Bahamas again, or somewhere else in the Caribbean.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of visiting Florida because of the palm trees and lovely beaches. Finally Las Vegas is another place you never really visit enough.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:04 PM

202 posts, read 483,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djames9 View Post
VERMONT!!!! i have to go back to vermont!!! i wish i could be sponsored by the state of vermont since i support it soo much!! it's just the most gorgeous, pristine, peaceful, calm, tranquil, not too hot or too cold , it's just perfect!! I have to go back!!

Ha! You live in California, and want to go back to Vermont, which i am near ( i live in Massachusetts). but i'm dying to go back to California! I went in 2008, after wanting to go for years. I stayed in San jose, and visited San Francisco. But I was only there 5 days..not enough time! I want to visit Yositeme, LA, San diego, the wine country, Oakland, etc..etc.

Dont know what it is..but i just love the whole idea of California!

Old 06-22-2010, 10:03 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,209,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Would love to visit Yellowstone again, beautiful scenery, just an amazing place.
You beat me to it in mentioning this wonderful place, which also would be my first choice. On two previous visits was with my now former SO, and she did not care to rough it and see the wild parts of the park. Because of my interest in wildlife, on the next trip will hike into the backcountry, at least for the day, something that only an estimated 1% of Yellowstones visitors do. Besides the abundant elk and bison, there would be a chance to see a wild grizzly, a wolf, cougar (very unlikely), plus many smaller mammals and numerous bird species.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:02 PM

23 posts, read 19,162 times
Japan,so nice country

Old 06-24-2010, 11:27 PM

67 posts, read 178,491 times
I second Iceland and am adding Norway. Iceland is absolutely gorgeous in a isolated, minimilast way. I'll never forget standing on a black sand beach (often on a list of the world's most beautiful) with no one around but my family. The wind was blowing so hard that the rental car was actually rocking. It was amazing. And then there was Norway with its lush green and mind-blowingly beautiful fjords. Traveling there is incredibly expensive. So, I'm going to wait until the kids are grown and then go back without them. In the meantime, I'm also going to go to Alaska so I can compare.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:58 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,919,715 times
I'd love to see Venice again for the beauty and mystique

Stateside, I'd love to re-visit Nashville, (didnt spend long enough there and love traditional country music) NYC (somewhere I'd visit regularly if I lived in the U.S, exciting, cosmopolitan, really liked the village-style layouts) and Galveston (pretty setting and it's home to the Lone Star Flight Museum should you wish to have a flight in a B-17, or other WW2 fighter plane).
And of course, New Orleans! (plan on living there).

Last edited by jacq63; 06-25-2010 at 12:12 AM.. Reason: Emergency work-related minimization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel