Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,718 times

Advertisements

I am moving from FL to somewhere in the Tri-City Washington around the Nov/Dec time frame. I have never lived or visisted Washington before. So, I need some advice on where I should live. I've done a little research on the Tri-City areas, but I'm still not sure what are safe, good areas to live in. I am looking for a house or an apartment to rent. I have two dogs. One is a Rott/Lab mix and the other is a Rottweiler. Both are trained and are loving dogs, so please don't think there mean. They have been socialized with many people and other animals, and have completed Obedience Training Classes. I am also looking to go back to school and an area that possibly has a Carrabbas Italian Grill I can transfer to because thats where I work currently. If not thats ok. Can anyone give me some suggestions on where I should live in this area? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 07:11 PM

17,208 posts, read 57,035,276 times
Hi welcome to the forums.

The rental market here is tight, regardless of how well-behaved your dogs are, you have 2 large dogs each capable of doing considerable property damage. This is going to be a very hard sell to a landlord.

We don't have Carrabbas Italian Grill, but do have several chain and non-chain restaurants.

Schools in town are Columbia Basin College (Jr. College) and WSU Tri-Cities (full 4-year state college, the Tri-City campus emphasizes technical and engineering topics.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:19 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,184,339 times
Prepare to explore the joys of a much drier climate. Seriously. No more exploding into a sweat ball by simply walking outside.

Not only are having dogs going to be tough rental-wise, but fair nor not, having those kinds of dogs will make it tougher.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:25 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,452,170 times
I've never even heard of or seen this Barabbas Italian Grill. We do have a couple of Italian restaurants, though. We also have an Olive Garden.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:27 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,184,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I've never even heard of or seen this Barabbas Italian Grill. We do have a couple of Italian restaurants, though. We also have an Olive Garden.
Primarily an eastern chain--none in west coast states. I think the closest is one in Utah...

Old 09-18-2010, 08:04 AM

7 posts, read 34,221 times
Pet-Friendly Landlords (BFHS) (http://www.bfhs.com/PF_Landlords.html - broken link)

Old 09-22-2010, 07:10 PM

3 posts, read 13,127 times
Stay out of Pasco...I mean ElPasco entirely. Everywhere you go in any of the 3 cities is nothing but illegals. ElPasco will nickel and dime you in fees, taxes and permits.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3hill View Post
Stay out of Pasco...I mean ElPasco entirely. Everywhere you go in any of the 3 cities is nothing but illegals. ElPasco will nickel and dime you in fees, taxes and permits.
I don't know about the fees and stuff, but the first sentence is bad advice and the second is simply untrue.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:05 PM

6 posts, read 15,603 times
No, Pasco is all about money and control. City code written to protect property values (as it says in the city code, my guess would be so the city can get more in property taxes) and not to protect the safety of it's residents. Come on, a permit from the city just to have a yard sale??

A stabbing at the new highschool and a shooting at the park, both on the nice side of town. Yeah, this is an up-and-coming former one-horse town. Oh, and to top it off, I have met very few respectable Pasco City Police Officers who I would trust with my life.

Kennewick is much busier, much more crowded, more amenities. Richland is the place to be for a more peaceful small-city life, with affordable rentals (built for government workers). All of the Tri-Cities has a fairly reasonable job market, though not what it used to be. Colleges are okay. Don't expect to be able to get around too much without a car.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiMorris View Post
Come on, a permit from the city just to have a yard sale??
Kennewick has that too. Not that anyone pays much attention it, or at least I should hope not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities