Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 03:39 AM

213 posts, read 520,648 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I'm hoping to relocate from N.Nevada back to the PNW within the next two years, and I'm currently looking into the Tri-Cities area as it looks like the cost of housing is affordable, and there are some decent jobs available. The one issue I'm having; problems finding new and accurate information on BSL. I did use the search option and nothing came up for this area. I've read the area has BSL, and I've read it doesn't, and I need to get clarification on this issue.

I have a rescued American Pit Bull Terrier, and she's about 9 1/2, and she will be relocating with me. I love the bully breed and I will rescue another once she goes to the rainbow bridge, so, I need to make sure I'm not wasting my time with looking at housing and jobs in an area I can't have my dog.

Thanks in advance for any info you may have.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 01:03 PM

68 posts, read 210,273 times
Greetings!
I did a bit of sleuthing and from what I can gather, Pasco and Kennewick do have BSL, Richland does not—my next-door neighbor (in Richland) has at least two American Staffordshires in his back yard. Richland offers a "wild, dangerous or potentially dangerous animal" permit for $250. Animal Control was a bit vague, but thought that might apply to a pit bull that had attacked another animal or other documented aggressive history short of attacking a person (I think that would be the end of that dog). All three cities have leash laws, and Richland has two dog parks (one each for large and small dogs) with a third in the works. Unfortunately for us, they don't allow children under 10 in the parks, so my son/DIL have no place to take both the kids and the dog out to play...
Hope that helps, and welcome (hopefully) to the neighborhood!
Heymikey

Last edited by heymikey; 04-24-2013 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: typos/clarification

Old 04-27-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymikey View Post
Greetings!
I did a bit of sleuthing and from what I can gather, Pasco and Kennewick do have BSL, Richland does not—my next-door neighbor (in Richland) has at least two American Staffordshires in his back yard. Richland offers a "wild, dangerous or potentially dangerous animal" permit for $250. Animal Control was a bit vague, but thought that might apply to a pit bull that had attacked another animal or other documented aggressive history short of attacking a person (I think that would be the end of that dog). All three cities have leash laws, and Richland has two dog parks (one each for large and small dogs) with a third in the works. Unfortunately for us, they don't allow children under 10 in the parks, so my son/DIL have no place to take both the kids and the dog out to play...
Heymikey
Thank you for your input. You basically have the same info I do. I guess, at some point, a call to the cities would be the best way to gain the most recent info. And if Richland is the most lenient, then that's where I will focus my search.

I'm fine with paying the $250/yr., but with such a gray area, I'm scared she would be targeted and euthanized just for being a bully breed, even though I would be paying fees and such. I'm not willing to put either one of us through that, so I'm still unsure at this point. I am perfectly happy with a leash law, I just hope they actually enforce it, as they do not here, and it's a real pain.

That's too bad there's no family w/pet park.

Thanks again for your input.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:01 PM

I found a couple links today that says Richland & Moses Lake have had their BSL repealed , but Kennewick, Pasco and Prosser still have BSL. So, Richland and Moses Lake is where I'll look. (Yes, I'm aware they're about 70 miles apart).

Old 01-20-2014, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymikey View Post
Greetings!
Heymikey
My APBT and I will be making a trip up during the long July 4th weekend, and with any luck, BSL will be eliminated by then, if the bill passes. Until then, I am focusing solely on Richland. Can't wait to see the area and see if we like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities