Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 06:41 PM

9 posts, read 14,307 times

Advertisements

So basically the subject is my question. I'm on a mobile device so very slow to type. I like Spudnuts and if I misspell anything I'm sorry. I love the CC creme filled, plain, all of them!! DD has an awesome filled ones to feel a loss. I would start a chain here if I could. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 11:28 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,437,760 times
The entire Pacific Northwest has never been heavy into donuts. When I was a kid there were a lot more all around, but they slowly started closing up during the late 80's. If you look closely you can see a lot of the distinctive vintage DD and Winchelle's buildings are around, just repurposed.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:34 PM

192 posts, read 257,877 times
Sounds like a great place to sell high end donuts. All someone would need is a food truck a fryer and experiments with organic and whole wheat varieties and special glazes. A couple of people are doing that in Nashville and it's a hot business. If any of you have never had a Donut Man donut in NYC try to get one when you are there, they have a website. The texture is just amazing and much different than commercial style donuts. They have a real taste from using very high end organic flours and glazes. He has a pumpkin donut glaze in the fall that is so good.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:46 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,457,035 times
I've had Spudnuts several times, and frankly I felt the whole thing was overrated. The staff attitude was basically that of people who know their business is an institution where people will keep coming back and saying it's great, so much that it'll rub off because the one thing you aren't supposed to say is 'big deal, the donuts aren't that special,' and therefore they don't have to make an effort.

The donuts are just no big deal, certainly not compared to Tim Horton's for example, and nothing that would even make me forget all about grocery store bakery donuts, much less Dunkin Donuts. I found the staff unremarkable, the kind of staff you have at businesses that don't really have to compete. Sort of emblemizes everything that was socially stagnant, overrated and mediocre about living there: businesses that are habits, sustained because the old guard goes there because they have traditionally gone there, and that ought to be glad they're long established in Tri-Cities because if they had to compete on their own merits alone, especially anywhere larger, they couldn't make a go of it. I liked a lot about living in Tri-Cities, but I learned to avoid all the old line businesses 'everyone goes to' because, on their own objective merits, they just weren't very good.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:10 PM

89 posts, read 231,269 times
I couldn't have said it any better. This statement accurately sums up the Tri-Cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I've had Spudnuts several times, and frankly I felt the whole thing was overrated. The staff attitude was basically that of people who know their business is an institution where people will keep coming back and saying it's great, so much that it'll rub off because the one thing you aren't supposed to say is 'big deal, the donuts aren't that special,' and therefore they don't have to make an effort.

The donuts are just no big deal, certainly not compared to Tim Horton's for example, and nothing that would even make me forget all about grocery store bakery donuts, much less Dunkin Donuts. I found the staff unremarkable, the kind of staff you have at businesses that don't really have to compete. Sort of emblemizes everything that was socially stagnant, overrated and mediocre about living there: businesses that are habits, sustained because the old guard goes there because they have traditionally gone there, and that ought to be glad they're long established in Tri-Cities because if they had to compete on their own merits alone, especially anywhere larger, they couldn't make a go of it. I liked a lot about living in Tri-Cities, but I learned to avoid all the old line businesses 'everyone goes to' because, on their own objective merits, they just weren't very good.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:55 AM

215 posts, read 877,861 times
Top Pot donuts are the big thing in the Seattle area....and they aren't bad!

TC should be happy to have a decent donut shop that is NOT a chain....Spudnuts are very good and if you need that fix from one of the chains, head over to Seattle.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:17 PM

22 posts, read 50,041 times
Popular Donuts in Kennewick is far better than Spudnuts,Winchells and so on.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:37 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,270,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
The entire Pacific Northwest has never been heavy into donuts. When I was a kid there were a lot more all around, but they slowly started closing up during the late 80's. If you look closely you can see a lot of the distinctive vintage DD and Winchelle's buildings are around, just repurposed.
Yeah, I agree, and I don't really see that as a bad thing. It amazes me how many donut shops are on every corner in the Southeastern US. Is it any coincidence that their levels of obesity are far higher than ours?

I don't mind a donut now and then, but if I get to live here and have to go without sugar-coated clumps of greasy dough, I can handle that.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,687 times
Viera's is my go to place for donuts. Also they have other things that taste pretty good in there.

Old 11-29-2014, 05:01 AM

348 posts, read 1,051,422 times
Where is Viera's ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities