Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 07:33 AM

56 posts, read 68,391 times

Advertisements

speaking of this, i heard some chopper really close to the ground last night around 4am here in north Richland, upon googling it seems they were just in the area busting some pot plant operation.... or could have just been an emergency lift to the hospital
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 08:27 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,281,445 times
I volunteered for the Army on my birthday
They draft the white trash first, 'round here anyway
I done two tours of duty in Vietnam
I came home with a brand new plan
I take the seed from Colombia and Mexico
I just plant it up the holler down Copperhead Road
And now the D.E.A.'s got a chopper in the air
I wake up screaming like I'm back over there
I learned a thing or two from Charlie don't you know
You better stay away from Copperhead Road

Old 05-16-2016, 01:08 PM

17,214 posts, read 57,064,697 times
I'm all for legalization, I saw a *lot* of weed smoked in school, never saw anyone get into a fight or wreck based on weed. Beer, yeah, I saw some fights and some wrecks. I saw exactly no one start using something harder because they started with weed.

Personally, I do enough stupid stuff on my own and don't want any "help" from pot, but if someone wants to smoke it, so long as they stay off the road and don't bother me, I got no problem with it.

Pretty much the same as alcohol and Prohibition - the "cure" is worse than the disease. Although one can drink just with a meal, just in a social situation, can drink one beer and then drive a car just fine. Pot, not so much, never saw anyone just take a couple puffs for grins and not keep going till they get high. Not like a good cigar where the flavor is the point of the deal.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:02 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,873,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAqS6R0gRQet View Post
speaking of this, i heard some chopper really close to the ground last night around 4am here in north Richland, upon googling it seems they were just in the area busting some pot plant operation.... or could have just been an emergency lift to the hospital
It was "save the cherries". The copters dry wet cherries to keep the crop from being destroyed.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 05-16-2016 at 06:19 PM..

Old 05-17-2016, 06:31 PM

56 posts, read 68,391 times
there was a tweaker outside of albertsons today in richland, he was yelling about people looking at him but nobody was around lol

Old 05-17-2016, 07:06 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Dang! I had an answer, but my short term memory failed me.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:16 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,873,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAqS6R0gRQet View Post
there was a tweaker outside of albertsons today in richland, he was yelling about people looking at him but nobody was around lol
Yeah, if you are referring to the Lee Blvd. location, this Albertsons is in a strange location...it is perhaps in the pathway of the homeless in this part of Richland, and doesn't really serve much of the Richland population, except for the alphabet homes and students from RHS doing their lunch. However, it is only one of two major grocers in Richland central...the nearest others would be Winco on Geo, and the Albertsons up near Gage in South.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:43 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
I remembered reading this earlier in the month. Any thoughts?

Marijuana-related fatal car accidents surge in Washington state after legalization - Washington Times

MSR

Old 05-26-2016, 12:58 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
I want to first say I support Medical MJ. My experience is those who use MJ for medical reasons aren't usually driving. Secondly, I'm interested in no responses to my post and link. CO, possibly OR and other locations have argued pot can't be measured so easily.

I understand the concept of residual drug. It's the same reason arsenic or certain other drugs can be detected long after the last dose.

Third, I did read there aren't pot shops in the Tri. Fair enough, but what happens when residents travel to Portland, Seattle or other areas where shops exist? Isn't a driver only as safe as the worst driver on the road?

Are drivers ever being ticketed for DUI of MJ?

CO has very mixed opinions of whether there should be a recall initiative. CO had ~ 10% less deaths associated with pot than WA state. Any thoughts of why? I have a couple of ideas, but prefer to hear yours.

MSR

Old 05-26-2016, 01:50 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,457,035 times
I lived in Washington when it privatized the liquor stores. This taught me that the state was capable of screwing up even the simplest business task. If it's screwed up legal weed as well, that just means that my state of thirty-nine years residence hasn't changed much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities